Chapter 2

I set the note on my side table and smiled at the thought that someone actually wants to be my friend. I looked at the pile of dirty clothes in the corner and shrugged.

"I guess it's time to wash some clothes," I say to myself. I grab a basket and put the clothes in it. The stairs creak as I walk down them to head to the Laundry mat. I open the front door quickly and start to head outside.

"Where do you think your going?" I hear my mom say in her mean voice.

"I...was going to go wash...my clothes...," I say quietly. My mom nods her head and goes back to reading the newspaper. I walk outside and sigh with relief. I walk across town, my basket of dirty clothes in hand. People look at me but go back to what they were doing. I like that feeling. People look at me but don't care what I'm doing. It makes me happy.

I get to the Laundry mat and go over to a washing machine, and insert a few coins.

"Good afternoon Jessica," I hear Deb say to me from the counter. I return her smile and go back to washing my clothes.

•       •       •       •

I return home, my clothes folded nicely in my basket. My mom stares at me as I walk up to my room.

'Surprising. They haven't done anything to me today. I guess I should probably do their laundry for them. Get on their good side.' I think to myself. I go back downstairs and stand before my parents.

"I was wondering...if...you would like me to do the laundry for you...," I say quietly, hoping to not make them mad. My mom looks at my dad and shrugs.

"I don't care. Be home before 8. It's getting dark," My mom says, gesturing to the pile of laundry in the bathroom. I grab the laundry and put it in a basket. The door slams behind me and I start walking down the street to the laundry mat.

•       •       •       •

The night went by slowly. I couldn't fall asleep, all I could think about was the note I had received. Who was 'Jasper'? Why had I never herd of him until now? I put aside the questions and fell asleep slowly.

•       •       •       •

"JESSICA! GET UP!" I hear my dad yell at me. I sit up and look at the clock. '6:00'. I get up from my bed and slip on my skinny jeans. A place a band tee over my chest and put on a skin tight sweatshirt. I brus the tangles from my dark brown hair then tease it back up to a poof. I check myself over in the mirror and then head downstairs to eat my breakfast.

I eat my breakfast, quickly. My mom gave me my packed lunch and I grabbed my bag and headed for school.

•       •       •       •

The beginning of the day goes by slowly. People stare at me like they usually do. I ignore the stares and continue on with my life. Lunch time comes finally after a slow 5 hours of school. I go to the back of the lunch room and sit at one of the tables. I dump my food onto the table and sort through it. My sandwich is crushed, but I deal with it and take a bite.

"Hey Jasper!" I hear someone yell from the popular table. I look up to see a tall black haired,with some purple, boy walking towards me. I set down my sandwich and watched him. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a stud blet around his waist. He had on a 'Black Veil Brides' shirt and his hair was swept to one side. I hadn't seen anyone like this in my school, only me.

"Hey, are you Jessica?" He asked once he reached me. I nodded and stared up at him. He is amazing. Suddenly my heart hurts. The last thing I remember is Jasper yelling, "Jessica!? Are you ok!?"

•       •       •       •

I open my eyes to see the lights, which hung from the ceiling of the hospital. I herd my mom scurry over to me and hold my hand in hers.

"Oh Jessica! Your awake!" She says, acting that she is happy. The doctors come in the room.

"It seems that your food had been poisoned. Luckily we got you here in time. A young man insisted that he stay. He wont leave until he talks to you." The doctor says, gesturing towards the door. Jasper walks in and smiles at me. I look at him, nat sure what to do. As soon as the doctor leaves my mom and dad sit back down, grunting.

"Hey," Jasper says, walking over to me.

"Hi," I reply, wondering why he stayed.

"So, you got poisoned. What a coincidence." Jasper said, looking a little nervous. I laughed a little turning my head towards my parents.

"Jasper. I'd like you to leave," I said quietly, still looking at my parents. Jasper nodded and left the room, me still starring at my parents.

"Why did you poison me?" I asked them, not taking my eyes away.

"Your a stupid little brat you don't deserve to be our daughter!" My mom yelled, getting up about to pounce on me. The doctor and nurses ran in, holding my mom back from me.

"I never loved you!" She yelled at me again. I sat quietly, tears forming in my eyes.

"It was that easy to get rid of her?" I said to the doctor.

"You should have told someone about them. You seem to have had a few broken bones, and some major injuries. And I am sure they are not from being poisoned," The doctor said, looking at his clipboard.

•       •       •       •

I was taken to a foster home, and everyone greeted me warmly.

"Welcome Jessica. My name is Ms. Flinch and I will be your foster parent. Well atleast until you are adopted," Said Ms. Flinch, smiling. Ms. Flinch was a plump woman. He cheeks were covered in red blush. Her hair was curled and poofed.

I smiled weakly, holding my bag in my hand.

"Let me show you your room," She said, standing up and taking me down the hall. "Ah. Here we are," The door was opened reveling two small beds and a table inbetween them. "Make yourself at home," Ms. Flinch said, walking back to her office.

I walked over to the bed that didn't have blankets or pillows on it and dropped my bag down. I looked over at the other bed. The bed had 'Black Veil Brides' blankets and pillows.

"Someone's addicted," I said to myself, opening my bag.

"Sorry their my favorite band," I hear a voice say from behind me. I stop unpacking and stare at my wall. The figure walks up behind me and stops.

"Jessica?" It says, and I turn to see Jasper.

"Jasper? Your a..foster child!?"

<* INTENSE! Lawl she's already in a foster home! xD Anyway~ Picture of Jasper at right *>