Chapter 13 (Edited)

James P.O.V

I sat at the table going through my phone. Man only 15 more minutes till we can leave this stupid ball. I looked up to see if Skylar was around. My eyes scanned the room and I saw her dancing with Jayson. I could help but smile when she started laughing. If Sky's happy, then we're all happy. Out of all of us, she struggled the most with her mentality. It was nice seeing her smile.

"Look at our sister having fun," Ethan cracked a smile as he looked at her.

I watched as she smacked Jayson's hand away from her cheeks. "Thank God she also has Jayson to watch over her," I laughed as Sky's cheeks were now turning red. She told Jay something and then headed out of the room. Jay made his way over to our table and took Sky's seat.

"She claims she has to use the ladies' room," he said leaning back in the chair.

Ethan laughed, "Or she was trying to escape."

Jay scoffed, "As if any woman wants to escape this handsomeness," he joked.

The three of us sat there and did what guys do best. We rated the other women. Every woman in this room has some sort of jealousy towards our gang for some unknown reason. Part of me thinks it's because they're jealous of Sky and how she runs it. Some of the women from the other gangs wore dresses that were absolutely unappropriated for this event. A lady in a red-floored dress made her way to us. From far away she was stunning.

"That chick is hot as fuck," I mumbled to the guys near me and they all turned their heads to where I was looking before humming in agreement. As she got closer she looked like a clown whose face was washed in makeup.

"It's like the FX effect wore off," Ethan mumbled in shock.

"Oh, God! I need to get some fucking glasses," I gasped at her clown makeup. Jayson patted me on the back, "We all do bro." 

"Hey," she smiled while fluttering her eyelashes at us.

Fuck off was what I wanted to say but I didn't. I just waved my head at her while Ethan waved and Jayson had to answer properly since he was a leader.

"Hello," he forced a smile. I knew deep down he would've said the same thing as what I wanted to say.

She moved closer and sat next to Jayson. "What are you doing at this table?" Jay asked.

"Well, I just -"

"No. You stay at your own table and if you want to sit at a different table, you have to ask the leader of this table," he lied. I wanted to laugh and so did Ethan.

"You're the head leader. You could overrule it."

"Yes I could," he smiled, causing her to blush.

"Can I sit here?"

His smile widened, "Absolutely not. Now move it before I assign your gang to complete 10 missions."

Her eyes widened and she scurried off with speed. The three of us burst out laughing. Every other gang hates when Jay gives them missions because it always feels like an "impossible" mission that's always the hardest.

"That was the stupidest lie I ever heard," Ethan said once he finished laughing.

"Stupid people believe stupid things," Jay shrugged.

"Hey, I'm gonna go check on Sky. She's been gone for a while now. After we grab her we'll just leave," I said to Ethan.

"I'm staying over by you guys tonight," Jay said nudging me.