Chapter 44 - Wanted.

Isaiah got in touch with Lucy's family and discussed with them what Lucy wanted for her birthday. However, nobody believed him, so they scheduled a funeral for her. When Isaiah arrived there 4 days later, the church was empty. The only seats that were taken were taken was the first row. Completely shocked, Isaiah sat awkwardly behind them. Lucy's sister, nieces, grandnieces, grandnephews, etc. all gathered together to say a prayer.

And like that, the funeral was over.

The funeral didn't even last 5 minutes. As a matter of fact, it didn't even last more than a minute. Isaiah scrunched his eyebrows and stood up, glancing at the small family.

"That's all?" Isaiah asked. "I mean, are y'all gonna do a burial?"

"We're going to have her cremated." Lucy's sister said as they started making their way out.

Isaiah looked sat Lucy's family and could tell that they didn't care about her. He shook his head at them, grilling then a little.

"I can't believe that y'all can't even give her a proper fucking burial!" Isaiah snapped. "She ain't wanna be cremated, neither!"

Lucy's other sister turned around, giving him a dirty look.

"You visiting my sister in the nursing home doesn't mean that you know shit about her!" Her sister barked at him. "This is why you niggers belong in the plantation that your roots were in during slavery!"

Isaiah watched the family walk off, shaking his head. The minute he reached for his pistol in his suit, he realized that he left it at the house. He sighed and sat down in front of Lucy's casket, looking around the vacant church. Isaiah looked at the casket and opened it, looking at her body. Her face was completely stiff. She was wearing a light purple hat with roses on it, which were her favorite flowers. But when Isaiah glanced down, he seen small cuts of panels from an old newspaper. When he picked it up, it read:

"Woman found 'Not Guilty' on brother in laws murder!"

"Holy shi......." Isaiah paused.

The rest of the paper read:

"A local California woman was found 'Not Guilty' in her sisters husbands murder. The woman, Lucy Mcguigan, was convicted of murdering the husband of her sister. Prosecutors believe that she killed her brother in law because he was behind the wheel when he hit and killed Lucy's son, Stanley Mcguigan. Prosecutors never charged her brother in law because they believe that it was a mistake. They charged Lucy with premeditated murder, but they didn't have enough evidence to pin her for the murder, so jurors found her 'Not Guilty."

Isaiah couldn't believe it. His eyes widened as he looked off in shock and disbelief.

"Lucy was........a killer too." Isaiah thought to himself. "Wow."

When Isaiah arrived home, he was pretty upset. He picked up Kayson since it was the weekend as well. He also told me that he wanted to spend some time alone, so it let him continue his breather while I finished my studying. Isaiah got to his room and laid down, he glanced at the picture he had with Lucy when she was feeling better. They both were smiling, holding their plates with the pizza inside. Saddened, he flipped his phone over and turned away. When he looked at Kayson, he kicked his feet and clenched his fingers, clicking his tongue and looking around the room.

"Kayson, you ain't gone leave daddy is you?" Isaiah asked in a dazed tone.

Kayson looked at Isaiah, then looked back up at the ceiling. He let out a small squeal, then yawned while still staring at the ceiling.