Chapter 3

^Alex's truck
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
Skie's pov

Alexander gets really quiet with a deep frown on his handsome face. Wait, wait, wait! Handsome? No, no, no. This is the guy that used to pick on you and steal your stuff! He is not handsome. I mentally scold myself. He grabs my hand again and opens the passenger door before basically shoving me in the truck.

"Hey!" I shout, glaring as he walks around the car.

"Sorry, but you weren't moving fast enough," he shrugged, while opening the drivers door and climbing in. He put on his seat belt in what seemed to be hurried movements, and starts the car. He sped out of the parking lot, like someone was chasing us.

"Whoa, dude! Last time I checked the speed limit was less than this!" I shouted over the roar of the engine.

"We have to get to your house as soon as possible. You have to know more about yourself before you meet your fathers and your brothers!" he yelled back, never taking his eyes off the road.

"I don't have a father, let alone multiple. I don't have any brothers either," I yelled becoming slightly angry. "Why is the engine so loud? Can't you have that fixed?" I questioned loudly.

"I knew I would only have it for a short time, so I didn't bother," he answered, equally as loud.
I sat there, tired of talking, watching the trees fly by. We pulled into my house not fifteen minutes later and my mother was standing on the porch of our old two-story house. I jumped out of the truck quickly and walked toward her. I stopped a few feet in front of the porch she was standing on.

"Why don't you tell me what's going on? I'm obviously not getting much outta him. He knows how to keep his mouth shut," I snarled at my mother with a withering stare. She huffed before turning her nose in the air. I glared hatefully, crossing my arms.

Alexander cast me a confused stare. He walked up the porch, toward my mother. They muttered to themselves before turning toward me. Alexander jerked his head, indicating we should go I side. I was extremely reluctant, but followed anyway. We all settled in the living room. I looked from my mother to Alexander repeatedly, before staring down my mother.

"You better spill your guts before I spill them for ya,"I demanded. Alexander looked startled at my language, but that didn't deter me.

"I'm glad it's not my child using that kind of vulgar language. I would never allow it," she glared. I almost smiled at her confession. I knew she couldn't have been my mother all these years. I sat back in my seat,arms crossed, and laughed.

Alexander's surprised eyes stared intently at me, waiting for a negative reaction. I grinned at the ceiling, loving the feeling of relief that swept over me. I glanced at him.

"Your turn, pretty boy. Tell me what you know," I commanded, jokingly. He looked extremely uncomfortable and reluctant, but he turned to me anyway.

"Skie, I need you to remain completely calm about what I'm about to tell you," he said slowly. I nodded. "Alright, well let's start then. You know mythical creatures such as nymphs, faes, vampires, and the likes? All of them are real. And you are the daughter of the Greek god, Hades, and a male fae named Blaine. You and your twin brother." he paused, I assumed waiting for some kind of negative reaction. I grinned.

"As long as I'm not related to her. When do I get to meet them?" I questioned, surprise making its way onto his face.

"Well, um, we can go tomorrow if you want. I'm warning you though. Once you leave, everyone will forget you. Your friends, enemies, peers, teachers, everyone,"he warned. I smiled again.

"Yeah let's go tomorrow." I stood leaving the old hag and Alexander in the room.

I made my way up to my attic bedroom. The old wooden stairs creaked like they always had, leading to the plain wooden door. I pulled the string I used as a makeshift lock. The door creaked open like it always had. My shabby bed frame and mattress were still pushed up against the far wall. I closed the door, locking it back with the string. My clothes were strung out over the room, suggesting the hag had been in here earlier. I pick up the clothes she didn't ruin and set them on the bed. I pulled two bags from under the bed. One being a duffel bag and the other being spacious backpack for my recordings and my art. I pull the blank sketch book I hide under my mattress free and walk towards the opposite wall. I pulled the push pins from the wood colored piece of fabric.

The colors of the paper taped to the wall made the dull room brighten. The drawings were in groups: people and places. Of course, each person or place drawn had a name. Except for one. The man was in an exotic dance pose, so I knew it wasn't me, despite the resemblance. I unpinned all of the people and places I've never heard of and put them in the sketch book, each on a new page.

With almost all the drawings in the sketch book, the book found its way into the bag of previously packed CDs. I placed the bag next to the empty duffle bag. I folded the nicer clothes I had placed on the bed, all of which happened to be black but stylish none the less. The bag ended up with little space, which slightly surprised me. I'd never though I'd have enough clothes that would fill the bag half way, let alone almost all of it. I placed both bags next to my pillow.

I made my way out of my so called room, down the stairs, toward the sound of Alex's voice. He sounded like he was talking on the phone but when I got to the doorway, he was talking to himself with a faraway look.

"Soooo do I have the option to leave now or are you going to talk to yourself all night?" I finally said, slightly weirded out. He snapped out of it quickly after I had spoken.

"Well I have to build up energy to transport us there without any help and to the place that is expecting us. Right now I would say I can get us just passed the gate," he said, with a contemplative look.

"Energy? Never mind. Can we transfer this energy you speak of?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. He looked reluctant to speak again, most likely thinking he already said too much.

He sighed heavily. He gestured with his head toward the attic. I grinned at the thought and ran up the stair. I threw the bags on my shoulders and ran back down as quick as I could.

You can't blame me for being excited. I was finally leaving this hell hole of a house.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○