Methodology

I began tearing through the crowd after him, ignoring the confused looks I was getting from the guests.

He should know not to be vague with me. It pissed me off more than anything.

I saw him slip into a back hallway and I followed.

"Peter stop!" I demanded.

He swung his head around, "God damn it I'm not Peter."

I stopped in front of him and dropped the front of my dress, which had been wadded up in my hands to keep from tripping over it.

"What the hell else would I call you?"

He smiled sauntered closer, "Well I do have a name."

I squinted my eyes at him, remembering the dream.

Don't say his name.
Don't say his name.
Don't say his name.

"I prefer Peter." I insisted, "I think I'll stick with that."

He took off the glasses now that we were out of the public eye and said, "For now."

"Is that a threat?"

"No, I don't have time to threaten you. I've got shit to do."

"Then maybe you'll just explain yourself and I'll leave you to it."

He laughed, "Not hardly."

"Tell me anyway."

"It's nothing you need to know for now."

"What on earth are you talking about?" I spat, "I need to know everything. There is nothing to gain from me being in the dark."

He flared his nostrils and took another step towards me, diminishing the space between us in less than a second. He looked like he was considering hitting me, but instead he sighed and said, "Fine."

"Was that so hard?"

In response, he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into the handicap bathroom.

"You know it's kind of weird for the bride to be hiding in the bathroom with the best man during the wedding."

He chuckled a little but didn't retort like I wanted him to. I wouldn't be nearly as freaked out if he acted like a creepy bastard like he usually did.

"I think he's draining you."

"You mean like the boys?"

"Yes."

"Why would he do that?"

"Fucked if I know." He groaned and leaned against the sink, "Maybe he just wants to feed off of you."

"This seems like a lot of work for something he's already doing to who knows how many other people."

"Yeah, that's what I don't understand entirely," he said, walking over to me and grabbing my hand, "But this ring, I've never seen anything like it."

He used his thumb to move the ring over and rub the patch of cold callused skin. I jerked away from him.

"I thought he had to do some kind of weird cutting thing to me."

"There are many methods, but with this way, it's almost like he wanted to inflict as little bodily damage as possible."

"Tell that to my finger."

"That happens no matter what, human vessels tend to not react fondly to evil tampering." He tugged at his collar a little to show me the rough skin that now creeped up his neck from every angle, "Counselor will be your new best friend."

"You mean old friend, It not like I've gotten any sleep in the past few months."

"Sorry."

I cocked an eyebrow, "No you're not. You don't feel sorry."

He straightened up, "That's right. I don't."

"Then why did you say it?"

"Habit I guess."

I groaned loudly, "Why are you two acting so weird?"

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

"You and Peter. He's making weird sexual remarks and you're talking about damn feelings. I'm not sure who is who anymore."

He laughed a little, "You're losing it, I don't actually care, which you seriously must have figured out. And Peter is allowed make a remark or two, I've been trapped inside this bastards head for over half a year now, trust me it was bound to come out sooner or later or he would have exploded."

I wanted to argue because I knew it wasn't true. They were acting strange, I just didn't know why. Maybe something had happened to them after Randall got them, either way, I didn't like it. I just wanted normal Peter back, but now I had to deal with this asshole treating me like I was stupid.

"So this is the only reason you're here," I changed the subject, "To warn me about a plan to such up my soul through a bendy straw?"

"Well, somewhat. I also need to have a word with you darling groom."

"You see," I smile mischievously, "That sounds awful caring of you. Which is quite out of character, wouldn't you say?"

His upper lip twitched, "Shut up."

I laughed, "I'm right."

"Maybe you just want to be right." He bopped me on the nose and I batted his hand away. He smiled and settled his hand on my arm. The feeling of it practically burned my skin, but I didn't shake him off, I had no interest in finding out where it would settle next.

"That doesn't change the facts."

"They're not facts." But as he said It I felt something peculiar. I glanced down at my arm and saw his thumb rubbing back and forth gently. It was a mindless gesture, but a soft one. It was something Peter would do.

I smiled a little, "I don't believe you."

Then there was a knock at the door and we both froze.