TROIS

dedicated to full-on-rainstorm because she's a little weirdo and because she has great stories and just because i love her lotsa lotsa.

YEAR: 2015

XIENNA IS SPRAWLED out on the carpet, her blonde hair like spun thread against the dark black of the surface. Her eyes are trained on her Vogue magazine, focusing on the beauty of the various models.

The clamor around her dies down, and she sits up to see what's happened. They're at Orianna's house again, and she doesn't really care that they're there almost everyday. The Ryce household is the preferred choice for hang-outs because it's fucking gigantic and because two of their best friends live there.

But mostly because it's fucking gigantic.

"Why'd you guys shut up?" she asks, frowning a little.

"Knew it," says Maverick.

"Fucking called it," Greyson chimes in, making the whole group burst out laughing - with the exception of Xienna, that is.

She scowls. "I don't get it."

Kadence smiles sweetly at her best friend. "Of course you didn't. Considering how you were too busy eye-raping the models on that magazine."

"What?" she splutters, absolutely confused. She doesn't understand.

Orianna smiles at her sympathetically, before sliding off the couch and onto her lap. "We were just betting what it'd take for us to get your attention, babe."

Xienna grins and plants a small kiss on Orianna's lips. "Well, you got it, alright."

Braxton makes a face. "Brother in the room. Please keep it PG," he remarks loudly, and Kadence is the only one to laugh. Internally, Xienna smirks. Kadence thinks that she's great at pretending - but she's no Blaire. It's easy for anyone to see her feelings for Braxton.

Orianna snorts. "Like you've never done a dirty deed in front of my poor, virgin eyes."

Braxton's cheeks flush bright red. "There's nothing virgin about you, Ori," he mumbles bashfully.

Xienna smiles, wrapping her arms around Orianna's waist. This is what she loves the most - being a part of something bigger. She loves to detach herself from her friends and watch them, watch what she's part of. It's indescribable - the feeling you get when you realize that you are a part of something, when you see the love orbit around you.

She sees her best friends - the people she loves most in the world - as they laugh and throw their head back, talking about everything and nothing. She loves them, each and every one of them. These are the people she would die for. These are the people she would kill for. This is what she's a part of - she is a piece in this puzzle, a star in their constellation. Without any of them, they would be incomplete.

- - -

"Jesus, Greyson, can't you take a fucking hint?" Xienna hisses, glaring at the redhead. "It's fine, okay?" she says as she wipes at her stained skirt with a tissue.

"Sorry, Xienna. I didn't mean to," Greyson whimpers. She had accidentally flicked a piece of chocolate onto Xienna's white skirt.