TWELVE- Gone Again.

I totally forgot that Nicole was coming over.

"Oh my god hi. I have a lot of explaining to do." I say as I get up off my bed.

"Yeah you do. So uh, when did this start?" Nicole asks with a smirk.

"Three days ago. Have you seen Phil?" I ask.

"No, I didn't. I heard the telly on in his room though. I kinda snuck in." Nicole giggled.

"Dan, I'm gonna talk to Nicole. Can we have a minute?" I say, looking over at Dan.

"Sure." Dan says, exiting my room and closing the door behind him.

Nicole sits down on the bed in front of me.

"So, um, you know Sam Pepper?" I ask, starting to get really nervous.

"Ugh i wish i didn't." Nicole says, scoffing.

"Well I went on a road trip with Dan, Phil, Jack, Finn, Pj, Caspar and Sam. It's a long story, so be prepared to listen for a while."

I told her EVERYTHING. The first night in the van, the game of truth or dare, the whole incident with Sam, that night with Dan, and the drive home. After more talking and consoling, we went into the lounge. I sat beside Dan on the sofa, Phil is on the loveseat, and Nicole sits on the beanbag chair.

"What do you guys wanna do?" Phil asks us.

"Hmm. Friday night, lazy as hell, movie night?" Dan suggests.

"Sure, but we don't have any crisps or anything." Phil says.

"I can go to Tesco and get some stuff" I said.

"Want me to come with you?" Nicole asks me.

"Nah, I'll be fine. The walks not that long." I tell her.

"You sure?" Dan says, looking at me.

"Yup. I'll be back in about twenty minutes." I say, grabbing my purse and some trainers.

"Get Maltesers!" Dan shouts as I exit the flat.

I walk out of the building and start walking to Tesco. Its actually a lot darker out than I thought it would be. Tesco's about 6 blocks away, I've made this trip many times before. I pull out my phone and headphones and put on 'Check Yes Juliet' by We The Kings. I love this song. I was humming the chorus when a piece of white cloth is pressed to my face from behind me.

*Dan's P.O.V.*

About a minute after Anna left, I get a call.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello. Is this Mr. Daniel Howell?" the woman on the other end asks.

"Yes. May I ask who's speaking?" I say.

"I am Camilla Rodgers, I'm calling about the case with Mr. Samuel Pepper. All of the charges have been dropped. We went to the motel to investigate the next day and there was absolutely no evidence. No blood, no finger prints, nothing. The place was scrubbed clean, it looked untouched. We brought him back into town this morning." She said.

"Wait-what? The charges were fucking dropped? MY GIRLFRIEND GOT RAPED BY THAT MONSTER. THERE WAS BLOOD ALL OVER THE SHEETS. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE WAS NO FUCKING EVIDENCE?!?!" I practically scream into the phone.

"So now what, that predator is roaming the streets of London?" I make myself sound calm.

"Yes. Um, Mr. Howell, I can't do anything about this. I'm just the secretary. The charges were dropped, it's done. Contact us though if you get any trouble from Mr. Pepper. Goodbye Daniel." The woman articulated.

I hang up the phone.

"What the hell was that?" Phil demands.

"The fucking charges were dropped! someone cleaned up the room so there was no evidence! Sam was fucking released this morning! Now he's somewhere in London, he could hurt Anna again or one of us!" I yell.

"Wait. Dan, call Anna." Nicole says.

I take out my phone and dial her number.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

"Hello! You've reached Anna Lanca-" the answering machine picks up.

"FUCK! Guys, we have to find Anna! She probably went the short way... We have to find her." I say, my voice breaking on 'find'.

We all run out of the flat and head to the alleyway shortcut to Tesco. If she is okay, she couldn't have gone far. It's only been about five minutes since she left. Phil and Nicole follow close behind me.

"ANNA!?" I call out.

We run down the alley and see a tall man pushing a girl into the brick wall of one of the shops at the end of the alley.