TEN- Golden.

*Dan's P.O.V*

Poor Anna. She's limping. I wish I could take all the pain away and put it on myself. No, I want to give Sam the pain. We walk into Jack and Finn's room, and everyone is in there.

"Hey guys. When are we heading off?" Phil asks, plopping himself down on the bed beside PJ.

"In about half an hour. Are you guys ready?" Jack says.

"Um, no, not quite yet. I'll go pack up now." I say, but Anna stops me.

"I'll go pack up, Dan. You guys can hang out in here." Anna says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Positive." Anna replies, kisssing me softly then exiting the room.

"What's up with you and anna?" PJ asks.

"We're dating. I know it sounds super douchebaggy, since she got raped last night, but she needed someone to love her, so I told her everything. I do love her." I left out the whole cutting part.

"Congrats, man. you're really helping her." Finn says.

"I've been wanting to tell her for a long time now, I just never had the courage to until last night." I say, looking around the room.

We were talking about one of Caspar's ex-girlfriends when Anna came into the room.

"All done. Are you guys ready?" Anna asks.

"Yup. Wanna pay and go now? Jack replies.

We all say yes and go into the motel office.

"I'm sorry about what happened last night, honey, your guys' stay is on the house. Drive safe." The front desk woman says. We thank her and exit the office.

We get into the van in the same seating positions, except Finn in Sam's old spot and me and Anna in the back. We stopped at a variety store and got some food and energy drinks. Jack got sick of driving at around half six, so Phil drove until everyone but him me and Anna were asleep, which was around 12. When Phil got tired of driving, I took the wheel. *JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!!!!* sorry, I had to say that. I plugged my phone into the radio and I put on my favorite song, 'Citizen Erased'. I remember back in 2009, me, Anna, and two of our other friends called Baylor and Jake playing this song in Jake's basement. I would play the drums, Anna would play the electric guitar and sing, Baylor would play the bass guitar, and Jake would be on the other electric guitar. Man, Anna is freaking talented. She is an amazing singer, she can play the drums, guitar, and the piano very well. She is also a phenomenal artist, ugh so many things to list.

"All the truth, unwinding, scraping away. At my mind, please stop asking, me to describe him." Anna's beautiful voice sang.

"For one moment, I wish you'd hold your stage, with no feelings at all. Open minded, I'm sure I used to me, so free." When she sang the extreme high note I couldn't help but put on a huge smile.

I absolutely love it when she sings that part. It gives me butterflies whenever she sings. the next song that came on was 'Golden' by Fall Out Boy. As soon as we heard the first second of it, Anna and I immediately looked at each other and smiled. A couple weeks ago, Anna ordered a piano, guitar, and vocals book for Infinity On High and the first song we played was Golden. I was on the piano, and Anna sang. That's one of the memories with Anna that I'll never forget.

"How cruel is the golden rule? When the lives we lived are only golden-plated. And I knew that the lights of the city were too heavy for me. Though I carried karats for everyone to see " We sang in harmony and I take Anna's hand.

"And I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemies." Anna serenaded.

"And all the lovers with no time for me." I sang.

"And all of the mothers raise their babies, To stay away from me." We harmonized. I feel so infatuated with Anna, I want to spend my whole life with her.

I love this song. especially when the love of my life sings it.

"Tongues on the sockets of electric dreams. Where the sewage of youth drowned the spark of my teens." Anna sang, making my knees go weak.

"And I knew that the lights of the city were too heavy for me. Though I carried karats for everyone to see." I sang, and Anna looked down at her feet and smiled.

"And I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemies. And all the lovers with no time for me. And all of the mothers raise their babies, To stay away from me." We sang the chorus together and I've never felt more connected to Anna in my life.

"And pray they don't grow up to be..." Anna finishes off the beautiful song.

Anna looks up at me, with tears in her eyes."I Love you, Dan." She says, and a tear falls down her cheek.

I wipe away the tear running down her cheek with my thumb.

"I love you too, Anna"