XVII

Don't you just miss someone so much it physically hurts to breathe? You just crave that person in a thousand different ways, each so amazing. I miss his touch, his breathing, his heart beating at the same rate as mine. I miss running my fingers along his jawline, playing with his beard, tangling my hands in his hair. The light brown of his eyes that gave me nothing but calm, serenity. His arms that made me feel so save, so warm, so at home. His voice whispering little nothings in my ear. His thumb tracing random patterns on the back of my hand, when we walked around the city holding hands. 

I miss his company, his laughter, his jokes. I miss him. I miss the person I was when he was with me. Cause I'm different now. I look at myself in the mirror and it's not the same. I read our old conversations, the letter he left before departing and everything seems as it had happened to someone else, probably someone in a movie, one that I was very caught up watching. I feel my chest aching, the knot in my throat is a constant, the tears wanting to roll down my cheeks so desperate. I was never a believer when it came to heartbreak, I always thought people made a really big deal out of it. I thought it was easy to move on, to let go. But every day gets worse, every time its harder to breathe peacefully. My heart literally aches.