Chapter 4

HEY! I am so so glad that you have read on to here because that means that you sort of like my story!!! YAY! :D Well, here is some more. (Aren't you proud of me?? I uploaded TWO chapter within 12 hours of each other...that has to be a record for me. haha.) Well, this is sort of another short and un-eventful chapter but I promise you...the next chapter will be TEN times better and I will have it uploaded soon. :D Enjoy Chapter 4 of The In-Betweens: A is for Alice!

~Hope

 The guard that came to escort me to my room was a young, athletic looking woman. With her, she had four men and they all had guns. What, did they think that I was going to ruin my chance at seeing B? Yeah right. The woman looked at me with distaste and, with a slight flick of her hand, the men guards had me in chains. My hands were bound behind my back and a gun was pointed at my side. A black cloth was pulled over my eyes and nose, and I was forced to breathe out of my mouth.

 At first, I was worried that I would be hurt or maybe even that they would try to kill me. Then, I realized that this was just a precaution. It would be easier to have me walk and not know where I was going, than it was to inject me with some foreign poison and drag me to the room. In any case, I wasn’t to know where we were headed.

I felt a slight breathing in my ear and I heard the woman’s voice. “Don’t even think about running. We can kill you in a flash.” I gulp. Something about her voice made me realize that she wasn’t joking around. We began to walk and I was pushed along. The walk to B’s room seemed to take forever. I did not even try to figure out which hallways we were in, for as soon as we started, I realized, in vain, that I was going to be lead through a maze in order to confuse me. They would also probably be extra careful with who they allowed in and out of the room. They weren’t going to let me escape again.

Occasionally, I hear the woman shout out. “Stop! Don’t do that,” or, “Turn left you idiot,” and, the most common, “Keep it moving. We don’t have all day here people.” She’s getting quite annoying.

Eventually, we stop and I hear the swoosh of a door being opened. We were here. We walk a few more steps and I am pushed into a chair. The cloth is pulled away from my eyes and I take in the room around me. It is white; like everything else in this laboratory. Could it even be called that? A laboratory? It seemed to be more like a labyrinth to me.

The cot that I was to sleep on was in the exact same spot as my old room and I was sitting on a chair that was placed beside a plain, black metal table. The only thing that is different in this room than in the old room is the window. It is smack dab in the middle of the wall, and when I walk to it, I stop breathing. For, when I looked through the window, he is there. In the other room, sitting right across from me on his cot with his head down, is B.

At first, I didn’t know what to say. I had about a gazillion questions that I wanted to ask him. “Do not disturb him. Cindy will be in shortly to give you your night medicine.” I groan. I hate the night medicine. It makes me drowsy and I can’t think straight. In fact, I can’t think at all. It is ten times worse than the morning and afternoon medicine, and seeing that I didn’t take my afternoon medicine today, I was most likely going to get double dosages of the nightly medication.

“Don’t groan. You need it,” the lady guard says to me before storming out of the room and taking her four, hulking men guards with her.

“Great,” I smile. I would have some time to talk to B. I walk back over to the window and watch B some more. He does not move, and at first, I think he is dead, or at least heavily medicated. I tap on the window and his head jerks up. His eyes pierce through my body and I feel him sizing me up. At first, I can not look at him, for I am embarrassed, but after awhile, I find myself being sucked into his eyes. They are no longer the bluish, turquoise color that I had seen earlier. No, now they are black, like mine. What had those evil scientists done to him? Never the less, his eyes seem to go on forever and ever and I find myself being unwillingly sucked into them.

B’s hair is cut so short that it is almost non-existent and I hope that mine is not cut in that way. My hand immediately goes to my head, and I rub my hand over my scalp. No, there is definitely some hair there. I smile and wave to B. He does not smile or wave back. Instead, he lies down and turns away from me. I have to force myself to look away from him.

Maybe it was the way that he snubbed me or maybe it was the way his eyes flickered, as if it was my fault that he was like this. Either way, it hurts and I have to force this out of my mind. So, I turn away from him and sit back down in the black metal chair, and I wait for Cindy to come, as she is my only friend.

So...did you like it????? DON'T BE A SILENT READER!!!!! Tell me what you think!! I NEED to know. :D Stay tuned for the next chapter. :D