Black velvet by mytyhmouth

mythmouth

Black velvet:
(Quote: -Orion's Belt)

"Black velvet in that little boy's smile

"Black velvet in that little boy's smile."His friends call him Toby. He's grown taller, firm, as handsome as everyone had expected. The man's dark eyes are open and honest when he speaks to the elders at church-- but wicked when night falls and he stumbles into his house, half boozed out of his mind. I don't know what had broken the Tobias from my childhood; the boy from behind the rose bushes that I'd held in such high regard. I suppose he could have been that way from the start. No one seems to notice it, the anger that storms behind the slate eyes. No one wants to take hold of his roots and check his petals for bruising.

•Binary Stars:
(Quote: -Enough)

Before Richard, all I had wanted was my mother's smile to reach her eyes, for her to be loved as she loved-- soft and loyal

Before Richard, all I had wanted was my mother's smile to reach her eyes, for her to be loved as she loved-- soft and loyal. But over time, as years passed-- the wish changed to something warped, something twisted. I talked less, thought more, blew out the candle on my eighth birthday cake-- and I wished that I'd grow, that I'd be become more than Richard, stronger-- less afraid. That maybe I would never feel at all. That one day, he'd touch my mother, bruise her skin like petals, and I'd fucking kill him.
--Counterpart to Black Velvet, highly suggest reading it first, but works as a stand alone story.

I've been reading this for awhile, and its so cute!
There's discovery, love and of course a little heart breaking, but the stars are always there for you shining with hope. You won't regret reading! ~A