The Ghost of Turnabout Future

December 24, 11:07 pm
Gourd Lake

Standing on the docks of the boat rental place, was a woman as mysterious and dark as a poisoned thorn, but as beautiful as a blooming red rose. He had known of her since his first trial, but it surprised him to see her here of all places. He assumed she was the final ghost, as her pink attire almost glowed upon the ill-lit lake. Shocked, he blinked only to find her sitting in the rowboat in Hammond's place.

She stared at Edgeworth, "Take the oars and let me be your guide for a trip down the river Styx."

"You're...?" Edgeworth said.

The woman smiled a facade while saying, "Dahlia Hawthorne, the ghost of turnabout future. You've been a naughty boy Mr. Edgeworth, but I must thank you for freeing me that one time in court. It's a shame that Mia Fey wasn't as stupid as you. She got your little friend, Phoenix Wright declared innocent...and right when I almost had him. Such a shame...it would have been two birds with one stone..."

"Y-you—" Edgeworth stuttered.

"Close your eyes, Mr. Prosecutor, we have things to do after all," Dahlia said.

Edgeworth closed his eyes, and found himself sitting in the stands of the courtroom. Dahlia was next to him with her umbrella, giving him a purposeful look as she said nothing. The crowd around him wouldn't stop chattering and so he wondered what was going on until he saw what lay below him. There was a trial going on, of which he was the defendant of. Manfred von Karma stood at the prosecutor's bench, but not a sole was in his defense.

"Seeing as there is no defense for Mr. Edgeworth, the court will now make a ruling on this case," said the judge.

The crowd buzzed with excitement, and Edgeworth looked at Dahlia who said nothing. He tensed as he saw the evil smile of his adoptive father, as if he didn't care that Edgeworth was being convicted for some sort of crime. In fact, he seemed happy. The fact he was like that made Edgeworth begin to rise from his seat as the judge banged his gavel.

"On the subject of the murder of Robert Hammond, this court finds the defendant Miles Edgeworth guilty! Bailiff, escort the defendant to jail!" the judge said, before slamming his gavel down.

Edgeworth stood up and stared back in shock at Dahlia who sat there without a care.

"Why?" He screamed.

"It's your fault," she said, "not a single defense attorney would take your case, because of how you acted to them. The one who would take your case you pushed away because of your pride. He even offered himself twice, having done an investigation to help you. You should be ashamed of yourself, not that it matters to me. All you are is an idiot. Anyways, I promised I would take you on a trip down the river Styx, but we aren't there quite yet. Come, it's time for you to see just how bad you've messed up. I think we will start with Mr. Wright."

She shifted to another seat and Edgeworth followed her. The moment he looked back at the courtroom he found himself in the middle of another trial. Phoenix Wright stood at the defense's bench, and Franziska with a bloodied shoulder stood in the prosecutor's spot. The judge declared the strange man in the defendant's seat not guilty and the entire courtroom grimaced for different reasons. Franziska was obviously mad to lose to Wright, yet who at the same time looked like he would be torn in two.

Dahlia and Edgeworth followed the two into the defense lobby where they got snippets of a conversation.

"As promised, Wright, Maya will be set free because of the acquittal," said the man in the red, "Shelly de Killer is a man of his word after all."