Yared

I saw him at the cook out. Damn he was hot! He was there with his uncle and my uncle, talking about working in the "Norias" (the oil fiels). When are eyes meet it was like the whole world, literally stopped. He smiled at me and i did the best to smile back. He walked towards me. I just stud there frozen by his eyes his, his deep brown eyes.  

"Hola, my name is Yared" he said.

"Yared" I repeated, exaggerating the "Y" and longing the "D" .

"Yeah and you are?" He giggled.

"Oh uh-mm, Pamela yeah" I said stupidly.

" You don't sound so sure" Aw his laugh

"Pamela but my family calls me Ivonne or Bambi"

He said it was nice to meet me and really hoped he became great friends. So, we talked and talked. For hours and hours (or maybe minutes and not sure.) We showed each other our favorite songs. His songs were mostly Mexican songs and "Corridos". Mostly "Pesado" "Duelo" and "Intocable". And mine were mostly ghetto songs and some Mexican songs but nothing compared to his. Except for one. That song will be forever be in my favorites play list.

"Sexy Lady!" We both shouted at the same time!

He said that was his favorite song since he was memory. After that moment it was like we where meant to be. We sang the song together a few million times, then he sang to my hear! I thought that day will never end. But some hours later he had to leave. That was the most painful good-bye. I thought I was going to cry when he was leaving, but he came up and promised me we where going to see each other again.

"A promise is a promise, and I never break promised mi cielo"