Chapter 2

Hey, people! I hope you like the book, because I spent a very hard time working on it! :D!!! So, I want to dedicate this chapter for little_cupcakes, who made this awesome book cover for me! Thank you!

-Cherry

I turned back around, still wondering who was thinking about me. What if this guy who is going to ask me to the homecoming dance? I was so curious. What should I do to find this mystery guy? I thought. But now, I can't think of  this mystery guy right now. Class is starting, and I have to focus on my school work now.

When social studies class was over, I met my friend, Jessica, Abigail and Melissa. "Hey, Soph!" Jessica greeted me. Abigail and Melissa were busy fighting and poking each other. I rolled my eyes, annoyed. They always fight like this every single day! "MELISSA!!! ABIGAIL!!!" I yelled. I caught their attention, and they looked at me. "You two always fight like this, and I'm sick of it," I pretended to look mad, shaking my head disapprovingly.

"So, Sophie," Abigail said, "did you hear about the homecoming dance? I hear that Justin will ask Penelope out." Abigail really loved to hear about gossips. She thinks every gossip she hears is true. "Yeah," Melissa agreed, "A guy already asked me out." WHAT?!?!?! The teachers just announced there's a homecoming dance today, and a guy already asked her out?!?!?! My mouth was hanging open. I knew I looked like a freak, so I shut my mouth closed. "Who asked you out?" I asked, almost screaming. "... James," she said, keeping her voice low. "James?!?!?!" Abigail, Jessie, and I said all together. We were all shocked.

After we calmed down, Melissa looked at me suspiciously. "Which guy do you want to ask you?" she looked me straight in the eye, making me nervous.