Hottest Man on Earth

Ouch.

My head was pounding.  I felt as though a hammer had been relentlessly slammed against my head a couple of times, without mercy.  My hand unconsciously moved towards the top of my head, cautiously feeling to see if there actually had been a hammer.  No—it was just a killer headache, from last night…

The memories and drinking came back, causing a slight groan to leave my lips.  So it wasn’t some heinous hammer that had caused me this pain, it was myself.  I quickly let my eyelids flutter open, desiring to see my surroundings.  At first, everything was very fuzzy, as if there was a thick layer of tulle obscuring my sight.  Blinking, I attempted to gain clarity.  After about a minute, my sight was back to its more or less normality. 

A while ceiling stared back at me.  For a while, I simply laid there, allowing my mind some more time to rest before I started to get ready for the day ahead of me.  While staring at the ceiling, I allowed my eyes to stray a little, going down to the deep blue painted walls—wait.   My walls are painted purple…My mind raced, trying to process this new set of information.  Were my eyes really that skewed?  Or were the walls really blue?

Quickly, I sat up, hoping that the sitting position would allow me to think more clearly.  Unfortunately, it accomplished nothing.  Instead, a head rush followed with my quick uprising.  Clutching my head, I paused, waiting for the pain to diminish.  As the pain let up, I opened my eyes again.  Deep blue.  The walls were definitely blue.

Squinting, I was desperate to prove myself wrong.  Glancing around the room, I looked for some reassurance that this was my room.  Sadly, it only confirmed the opposite.  This was not my room.

Even the bed’s bedding was a deep plaid—something I would never pick out.  My breath started to hitch and worry set in.  Where was I?

Suddenly, epiphany hit.  Thinking about last night, I remembered that I’d fallen asleep at Jarred’s house.  I let my breathing calm, and let out a big sigh.  At the same time, the bed rustled and shifted next to me.

“Whaa—“ I began, before getting cut off by feeling a warm arm against my right leg.  Turning my head, I very slowly took in the sleeping figure next to me.  A mop of blonde hair covering his face, but he turned, as if on cue.  Jarred, it was Jarred.

I know I shouldn’t feel freaked out that it’s Jarred.  After all, this was his house.  Secondly, I distinctly remember that last night, I asked him to stay…so in a way, this was my fault.  So I shouldn’t feel overwhelmed, but I did. 

Allowing myself a few minutes to simply breathe and take in the situation, I could feel my nerves calming and my breathing begin to regulate to its normal pace.  Glancing down at Jarred’s sleeping figure, the tiny details of his profile began to become clearer.  I took in his bright blonde locks, messy and skewed around his head, and yet still looking as if they were placed just so for a photo shoot.  Next, his thick lashes.  Typically, it was his bright green eyes that stood out to me, but I had never really noticed how thick his eyelashes were…My thoughts trailed off as I contemplated quietly folded myself into his arms and sleeping.  My cheeks flushed at the thought, and I scolded myself for thinking such a thing.

Not wanting to wait until Jarred woke up and saw me staring at him with flushed cheeks, I softly unwound myself from the bedding.  Tip-toeing across the plush carpet, I began to open the door when I heard a sound from behind me.  Startled, I turned around, unsure if Jarred was awake or not.  Luckily, it was just a groggy sleeping noise I must’ve heard, because he was sleeping peacefully.

Content that I hadn’t disturbed him, I stepped out into the hall and went in search of the bathroom.  I found it fairly quickly, and decided to search for a comb in the drawers to attempt to detangle the massive amount of knots in my hair.  Surprisingly, when I looked in the mirror, the knots weren’t as horrible as I had anticipated.  On the other hand, the knots may not have looked that bad, but they were still as hard as ever to get out.

Once I had finally tamed my hair to its usual state, I quickly placed it into a loose bun.  Next, I washed my face with cool water, allowing it to rejuvenate and freshen my skin, while hoping waking me up.

After I felt cleaned enough, I decided to quickly go check back in on Jarred.  Slowly opening the door, I peered in, and saw his still sleeping figure.  A smile found its way on my face, thinking about how adorable he was in his sleep.

Quickly deciding that I needed to go do something productive (and watching Jarred sleep and gushing about how cute he looked was not productive), I went down the stairs in search of the supplies needed to make a hearty breakfast for Jarred and myself.

-x-x-x-

An hour later, and several messes, breakfast was finally steaming hot and prepared.  The thought finally came to me that Jarred might still be asleep.  I didn’t want to wake him, but if I didn’t soon, the food would be cold…and I’d made a lot.  While contemplating my next move, a pair of hands quickly covered my eyes.  “Ah!” I yelped, startled.

“Guess who.”

Grabbing his hands, I pulled them away from my face and turned around.  “I knew it was you,” I replied, “I was just startled.”

“Sure,” he sneered.

Pouting, I stuck lip out.  “I did!”

“Whatever.”  He messed up my hair, pulling out the bun.

“Jarred!  It’s going to get all knotty.” I scowled at him, hands on my hips.

He simply smiled, enjoying seeing me frustrated.  He reached out and grabbed one of my arms, and pulled me close, with his arms around me.  I began moving, trying to put up a fight and get out of his hold.  His smile grew into a grin, seeming to sense my pretend resistance.  I finally stopped, and enjoyed the warm his arms around me brought.  His head moved closer to the top of my head, and stopped there for a little while.  It was so nice; I didn’t want it to end.  Realizing just how much I didn’t want it to end, I shifted to try to get out of the trance he had unknowingly put me in.  As I moved, I heard him inhale, which tickled my hair.

“You smell nice this morning,” he breathed, still holding me tightly in his arms.

His comment startled me, for I didn’t expect him to say something so blatantly like that. 

Before I had time to respond, he continued, “But, you do have flour on your noise.”

I could feel his laugh rumbling in his chest before I heard it.

“Jerk!” I snipped, slapping his chest and trying to pull away.

Before I could say another word, he sweeped me up into his arms, leaving my feet to dangle midair.  Startled, I grasped onto him, placing my arms around his neck.

“Why’d you do that? Put me down!” I demanded.

“Not until you say that I am the hottest man on Earth.”

“What?!”

He squeezed me tighter, and pulled me up a little higher in the hair.

“Jarred! Put me down!” I demanded once more, as a last ditch effort.

“Say it,” he encouraged, smiling wider and wider each minute.

“Fine! You are the hottest man on Earth!”

“Who is?” he goaded.

“You!  Jarred Fischer!”

“Woah! I’m glad you think so highly of me,” he said, winking.

“Ugh!” I threw my hands up in distress.  “You are so annoying! And obnoxious!”

He waggled his eyebrows.  “But, apparently, I am the hottest man on Earth.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Trust me, I know how short this is.  Sadly, I had to work this weekend, so this is why I have so little time to update! I promise to make this chapter longer, or to add another chapter fairly soon.  I just felt bad about not updating in so long that this is the update to keep your desires at bay! Have a great day and I'm sorry it's taking so long!

xoxoxoxox