Chapter 5

"Where do you want this one?" Ryland asked as he carried a pile of boxes into the apartment.

"Uh, just put it on my bed. I'll go through all that stuff." I pointed to where my new bedroom is before going back to sorting all of Rydel and my things. We had started moving in immediately after Ross shot his first movie scene. Even though this is against his contract, Ross had offered to help Riker and Ryland with moving us in. Riker and I made sure that Rocky wasn't coming to help. It broke our hearts to exclude a brother, but Rydel has been crying for nearly a week straight.

"Hey, Becca." Ryland asked me as we unloaded more boxes from the U-Haul. "How did you - uh - know what marijuana smelled like?"

I shrugged, "It's just from how I grew up."

Ryland raised his eyebrows, "Excuse me?"

He handed me a box labeled 'Kitchen tools'. I swallowed, not wanting to tell him the truth, "I had interesting friends and family when I was little."

He carried some other boxes up the stairs as we passed Ross and Riker laughing about something only funny to them. Ryland followed me to the kitchen and set the other boxes down on the tile next to mine, "What do you mean by interesting?"

I opened one of the cupboards to hide my face as I thought of some bullshit excuse. I slid a few cups and bowls into the cupboard as I found one, "Well I had some friends when I was I little and they used to be insane drug addicts. Um, and I hung out with them to much."

Ryland must of believed me because he handed me some more cups and asked, "Wow...wait, are you telling me you tried some?"

I slid the cups to their correct placements as Ross carried a pile of boxes into Rydel's room. All of my childhood memories, before R5, came rushing into my eyes. I never realized how much I missed my late father. "No, I never tried it..." I whispered.

~~

"Are we done yet?" Riker asked, watching Rydel hang a picture on our new living room wall. He rubbed a hand on his sweaty uncovered chest and used his shirt to wipe the sweat from his brow.

Rydel stepped back from hanging the frame and smiled, "yup! all done!"

Ross sighed and collapsed onto the floor. Sweat rolled off his bare chest and onto the floor, "This has been the hottest freaking day since all of 2013. Why did you guys choose this day to move all your junk?"

I kicked his shoe lightly, "shut up, Ross. We could have moved in July or something. And stop ruining our carpet with your sweat."

He flapped his arms as if making a snow-angel, "no, this carpets really soft. Rydel sure knows how to pick 'em"

Rydel grimaced at her little brother, "if their are stains in my floor, I'll kill you, Ross Shor."

He whimpered slightly. Riker finished wiping his face and looked up to the frame on the wall, "holy cow, Rydel. This is cool!"

Ryland looked at it and smiled, "I didn't think you actually were going to make it. I thought it was just an idea."

Ross squirmed on the floor and stared up at the picture, "oh, that is cool."

"Cool is an understatement!" My jaw dropped. The picture was nothing more than a collage you could find on Twitter if you actually looked. But this was so much different. The collage had 100, at least, pictures about a half an inch big. Along the sides, were 2 inch pictures of R5 and the family. Everyone had at least 5 singular pictures along the border, even me and Ryland. Inside of our face borders, was concert pictures. They ranged from shows R5 performed when they were in their basement or a restaurant to the LOUDER tour to a few tours we've done over the past few years. Every picture was highlighted differently creating a big 'R5' symbol in the middle.