Chapter 10

Shelby

Friday 24th July 2015

17:39

Shelby woke up and looked around the room only to find that she was in hospital again. She assumed this was another illusion and got up to leave and find Aiden. She stood upright and felt a huge sharp pain shoot up her spine. She squealed in pain lay herself back onto the hospital bed. She closed her eyes to try and remember her last memory before fainting. She remembered the note Aiden had torn up before everything blacked out. She tried to see if she too was able to start a fire out of her own hands but she couldn't. How could she anyway? She didn't even know how Aiden did it. She opens her eyes and takes a deep breath when all of a sudden the door swings open.

"Shelby! You're okay!" Lori cried. "We found you and that dodgy friend of yours unconscious on Windemere Road. I have called the police and told them all about his odd behaviour, your'e safe now." Lori then walked towards the side of the bed to squeeze her daughter gently.

"So this isn't an illusion?" Was the only thing that Shelby could spit out.

"Honey, what are you talking about this is real life." Lori replies.

"Are the AI real, mum? Or was that a dream too?" She questions as she tries to escape her her mothers grip.

"Um I don't know about that honey." Lori glares into her child's eyes.

A nurse walks in with a detective, hopefully a real detective this time. "Sweetheart this is Detective Lewis, he has some some questions for you."

"I don't feel like talking to him." Lori mutters looking down at her lap.

"Darling I hired him to help you, to help us." Her mother says softly as she strokes Shelby's hair.

"But what if he is actually Aiden? Mum I need to explain something to you. Can they go away?" She motions towards the nurse and detective.

"We will give you some privacy Miss brooks." Replies the nurse as she opens the door for the tall and skinny detective.

Shelby watches as the two exit the room and turns to her mother and sighs before explaining what has been happening to her recently.