Chapter 8

~No One's POV~

After class was over, Kyouko began packing up her things. Once she finished, she looked over to the door to see Koito standing there already with her bag in her hand. Kyouko slung the backpack over her shoulder and walked over to Koito. "Hey Koito," She greeted the girl. Koito just nodded and began walking down the hall. Kyouko followed beside her silently, thinking of what she should say to break the silence. "You know you should have a school bag instead of a backpack." She said. Kyouko just shrugged and placed her hands behind her head.

The two of them just walked down the hall in silence until they reached a room. "Come on," Koito said, walking in. Kyouko raised an eyebrow in curiosity but followed Koito anyways. Kyouko walked in to see groups of students talking to each other. "Over here," Koito called over to Kyouko. Kyouko turned her head a bit to see Koito talking to Arisu. She walked over to them and greeted Arisu.

"So, have you joined any clubs?" Arisu asked.

I shook my head, "Not yet. I'm planning to look at the other clubs."

"I see. Maybe considering join the Phantom-hunting club?" Arisu suggested.

"I'll consider it," Kyouko said. "How about you go on one of the missions that Koito and her group is going on? To see for yourself." Arisu said. Kyouko smiled and nodded. "Sure, but I don't want to be a bother to Koito and the others." "I won't mind. You could be a helping hand since you can fight." Koito said, looking up at Kyouko. Kyouko grinned and looped an arm around Koito, "Okay, I'll come with you guys!"

Arisu gave a small smile to Kyouko and told them to wait for the rest of the team. They sat down and waited for Mai and Reina. Kyouko was playing with her tie while Koito was listening to music.

Mai and Reina finally came and walked over to them. "Sorry, we're late." Reina bowed while apologizing. Kyouko let out a deep chuckle and ruffled Reina's hair, "It's fine. Don't worry about it." Reina blushed and stopped apologizing.

"Anyways, let's get going," Koito said, getting up and heading out the door. The four walked over to Arisu and asked her about the mission. "Oh yes. There's a place where several people spotted a phantom. Nothing dangerous but it does bother people. It's said that it's some type of bird phantom." Arisu described.

"Where is this?" Koito asked. "Near the park," Arisu replied. The four nodded and headed out. Once they reached the park, Kyouko could already feel a phantom's presence. She stopped walking, making the others stop as well. "Come on Kyouko, this phantom isn't going to come to us," Mai said. Kyouko ignored her and flicked her wolf ears around, trying to detect any sounds that the phantom could have caused. "Kyouko, stop wasting our time," Mai rolled her eyes and walked ahead.

Kyouko heard a snap of a twig and snapped her head towards Mai. "Mai, watch out!" She shouted. Mai froze as she saw a large bird swoop down at her. Kyouko ran towards her and picked up Mai and dodged the bird's claws. Kyouko landed safely to the side with Mai in her arms. "Mai, are you okay?" Kyouko asked, looking down at the girl. Mai blushed and nodded. "Ye-Yea, thank you." Kyouko gently put Mai down and looked at the large phantom bird who was standing in front of her. Kyouko let out a deep growl before clutching her right hand into a fist. Her right hand then was engulfed in dark flames. Kyouko then ran towards the phantom, getting ready to hit it.

The bird let out an angry cry and flew towards her. "Kyouko stop!" Reina called out to her. Kyouko ignored her call and ran faster towards the bird. Once they got close enough, Kyouko jumped up in the air and was 4 feets above the bird. The bird didn't have enough time until Kyouko's fist impacted with the bird's skull. The bird cried out in pain as its head slammed into the floor, creating a crater. The three girls watched in awe as the large phantom was brought down by one single punch. (A/N: ONE PUNNNCCHHH!!!! Lol sorry but not sorry.) Kyouko landed on the phantom's head and brushed off the dust off of her shoulder. "I guess sensei was right. It's not dangerous, just annoying." Kyouko said, brushing her bang from her face.

"That was so cool!" Renia fangirled, clapping her hands while her eyes were sparkling with awe. Kyouko slightly blushed in embarrassment, "It's nothing really.." 'Cute..' The three girls thought as they saw Kyouko blush. Kyouko got off the phantom and took out her dagger from her waistband. She cut the phantom, causing it to disintegrate into small pieces and disappear in the air. She put away her dagger and looked back at the girls. "You guys wanna head back and report to sensei or you wanna get some ice cream first? My treat." Kyouko smiled charmingly. "We-Well, the mission ended quicker than I thought so I guess ice cream sounds fine," Mai said, twirling a piece of her hair.

Kyouko nodded and stuffed her hands into her pockets. "Come on. There's an ice cream parlor near here that I saw while walking around town." She said. The three followed Kyouko to the ice cream parlor which was only a few blocks away. Once they got there the place had a couple of people inside. "What can I get you, girls?" The cashier said, staring at the girls behind Kyouko. Kyouko glared at the cashier and let out a low warning growl. "Chocolate," Koito simply told him. "Vanilla," Reina said. "Green tea," Mai told him. "Sure thing. And you?" He asked Kyouko with annoyance in his voice. Kyouko growled at him, trying to hold back her anger. "Neapolitan." "That'll be $8.20." He said, holding his hand out. Kyouko took out $9 from her pocket and gave it to the guy. "Keep the change," Kyouko told him. "What no tip?" He asked harshly.

"Well, maybe you should have thought of that before you gave me that attitude and stared at my girls!" She snapped. The guy glared at and went to scoop their ice cream. Kyouko looked back at the girls to see them blushing madly. Kyouko glance back at the guy to see that he spit in her ice cream. 'That little fucker!' Kyouko thought. "Here." He said, handing the four ice cream to them. Kyouko gritted her teeth in anger. Oh how much she just wanted to choke the guy to death. But she couldn't do that, she didn't want the girls to think she was some kind of bad person. So Kyouko reached over to grab her ice cream. But Koito stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Sorry, but can we get another helper because we don't need someone like you to ruin our food," Koito told him coldly. He looked at us with shock written on his face and gritted his teeth.

"Is something wrong?" A tall man came up from behind the guy. The guy froze in his place and looked up at the man. "N-No sir!" He stuttered. "He has been very disrespectful to my friend over here," Koito said, holding Kyouko's arm. "I see," The man said. The man told the guy to go to his office and then he gave them ice cream on the house.

"Thanks Koito," Kyouko chuckled nervously. Koito smiled and handed Kyouko her ice cream. "It's fine. I understood that you didn't want us to think of you as a bad person." Koito said, walking to the other girls. Kyouko smiled and headed to towards the others as well.

The four chatted and ate happily until it was sunset. They headed back to school and told Arisu that they completed their mission.

"So Kyouko, how was it? Did you enjoy it?" Arisu asked. Kyouko nodded and grinned. "Do you think there's an extra spot for me to join?" Kyouko asked hopefully. "Of course. New members are always welcomed!" Arisu replied happily. "Yay! You're joining us!" Reina said happily and pulling Kyouko into a hug. Kyouko smiled and ruffled Reina's hair lightly. "Well come on. It's getting late." Mai told them and they left school.

Once Kyouko and Mai got home, Kyouko flopped down on her couch and groaned. Mai giggled and sat down next to her. "You okay?" Mai asked. Kyouko looked up at Mai and chuckled. "Yea, just a bit tired," Mai smiled and patted her lap. Kyouko smiled and laid her head on her lap. Mai began to stroke her hair, making Kyouko sigh in relaxation. Kyouko slowly began to fall asleep. She looked up at Mai, who was getting sleepy. Kyouko stood up and picked up Mai bridal style. Mai cuddled up against Kyouko and fell asleep. Kyouko smiled and gently tucked Mai in bed. Kyouko laid down in her futon and fell asleep herself.