Chapter Three: Obsession

Chapter 3

Mark

In the bathroom, Mark gazed lovingly at all the bottles and vials filled with scented body products that he simply adored. His favourite was the exfoliater, it smelled like Japanese cherry blossoms. It was simply delightful. He hurriedly took a shower, then squeezed some of the exfoliator into his hands. As he smeared it across his Barbie doll face, the makeup wiped off, and he stared into the mirror to see his handsome face unveiled...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??? Mark was staring into the eyes of this hideous...hideous...WHATEVER-IT-WAS! The face was spotty and had black streaks all over it, the eyes were the colour of muddy seaweed that had been crudely chewed and puked out. It was sickening, but this couldn't be right. Unless he was mistaken, he was staring into a mirror, and mirrors were supposed to show that was in front of it, or wherever it was directed, and he was most definitely the horrendous creature that was standing in front of the mirror.

"Don't panic," Mark whispered to himself, trying in vain to calm him self down. "It's alright, you're hallucinating, that's all," but his heart knew the truth. Despite that, he raced into Candace's room, ignoring Candace's sleeping form, and looked at himself in her wall of mirrors. If it was capable of showing the true beauty it had shown him before, then it would show him the truth about his face for sure, now. And yet, to his greatest displeasure, all he saw was the same monster he'd seen before. How had this happened? After all the product he had used, even when all those chemicals were dabbed off, all he really was is just a twisted, messed-up, weird-faced freak. A recluse. A loner. He could tell that was what people thought of at merely the sight of his face. Hideous. And that was that. He couldn't control it. He screamed. And that was when his epiphany came to him. He was just so damn girly. Even his scream was a high, girlish shriek. With all that running through his head, he fainted.

Candace

"Mark... Mark, sweetie?" Candace frantically pinched his cheek, trying to bring him back. Mark groaned.

"I'm so revolting..." Mark grimaced, suddenly remembering his reflection.

"What? Mark, baby, do you really think I'd spend hours playing dress-up with some old hideous fag? If you really were fat and snotty and squeaky, would I be dating you?" Candace felt very insulted.

Mark

Mark cracked open one eye. Going out? Dating? Candace? But... weren't they just friends...? Eh, just a minor issue. He'd worry about the distinction later, if at all.

"I mean, look at your face, your colouring is flawless, changing shades in the most artistic way, and your eyes are simply mesmerizing, the beautiful dark sea green, like Malaysian jade." Candace continued, not noticing Mark's contemplation of their relationship. Wait, huh? His eyes were green? Really?

Meanwhile, Maria was standing outside Candace's bedroom door, cradling her hamster ball, thinking to herself, Damn, she's more delusional than I thought. What a freak.

The next morning, Mark felt a little better. He picked up a small compact from Candace's bedside table, gazing into his reflection once again, making sure that everything Candace had said about him was true. He really was drop-dead gorgeous.

"But then...what were those monstrous streaks on my poor face?" Mark started to panic.

Candace , still half asleep, frowned. Monstrous streaks? "Oh dearie, that was just the makeup. You were supposed to remove it first, and then exfoliate. Didn't you listen to anything I said?"

She sighed. "Well, you are a boy, you can't be expected to know this kind of thing."

Just because he was a boy? Well, that just wasn't a good reason at all.

Mark was satisfied. Thank god he wasn't that puke-worthy freak in the mirror. Though that puke-worthy freak sort of reminded him of SAM's brother, Jam. He shuddered at the memory. But he wasn't Jam. He was...perfect.

*********HIHIS!! perfection has a price..and Candace is still an ignorant delusional freak. Comments on the story plz!!! I just had a piano concert when I DIDN'T HAVE MATCHING SHOES. Im surprised im not dead yet, pecked to death by pigeon. Or lyric. I mean, NO MATCHING SHOES. *shudder* HEHEHEHE CYA!! N PLZ COMMENT!!! IF YOU DON'T, THEN OUR STORY WILL GO HORRIBLY AND NOT ACCORDING TO YOUR STANDARDS N WE'LL TURN EVERYONE INTO A VAMPIRE N MAKE THE STORY PLOTLESS AND STUPID!! THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING. SO COMMENT! <3 Lucy***********************

**now now..lets please not forget about what I said about comments..**

Maria

Not long after her heart-wrenching misery, she drifted off to sleep, dreaming of mittens and shiny things. When she woke up, she was once again back to her crazy, obsessive self. Realising it was still very early, she settled back down to think. Screw Ethan the imaginary boy, she thought, knowing she would never wish such a fate upon him. Trying to take her mind off of unreal people, she looked at her beloved hamster. He was attempting to throw pebbles at her, and usually missed. Maria smiled wistfully, and for a split second she wished he was human.

What is wrong with me? I don't like boys. They're not fuzzy, furry OR soft. Harrumph. This time, the hamster didn't miss when he threw the pebble. Maria pressed the sharp, flesh-tearing stone to her heart like a token of love, and sighed. The hamster flailed its arms around. Maria blinked and lay back down.

It was time for school! Sad, awful, hamsterless school. She yawned and quickly put on a pair of jeans, a shirt and a purple sweater. Then, she grabber her bag and left the room.

Still in ninth grade, Maria didn't like school very much, although she had lots of friends. Looking around for Mark, she realised he was still with Candace and probably left with her. Maria's mom was yelling at the refrigerator as usual, so she rolled her eyes and went past her. Her dad was trying to amuse her mom with a sock puppet made of Mark's favourite pink sock. My family is crazy, she thought.

She walked to school, not thinking about anything, until she saw the last person she wanted to see: Tommy. He was a freaky tall nerd who couldn't pronounce 'th' sounds. Plus, he had a massive crush on Maria. He smiled at her and she twitched her eyes.

"Get out of my way, loser," said Maria, tasting venom on her tongue.

"Wanna see my squidge collection?" he asked with an idiotic grin.

"Huh? I don't want to see your stupid tiddlywinks," she replied. Tom was obsessed with tiddlywinks.

"You will. Soon... SOON!"

With that, Tommy's face twisted into a hideous laugh as he skipped ahead merrily. Maria shuddered and kept walking.

During class, Tom kept poking her in the back. She repeatedly stabbed him with a pencil. The whole class was cheering her on. Now he's scared of them and writes with pens instead, but he still wouldn't leave her alone. Presently Maria got mad and just tried to ignore him by thinking of Ethan.

After school, Maria hung out with two of her stuck-up popular friends, Danielle and Stacy. They were walking to a shoe store when Stacy whispered to the two, "Did you hear about the new people coming in?"

Maria hadn't, but Danielle had. "Yeah, a brother and a sister, but they're not going to be here until a few weeks," she said. Maria was surprised, but clearly it didn't matter, because the boy would probably flirt with her other friends and not her. She would ignore him, like she did to every other boy who fell for her looks.

Will the new people cause drama when they come? Will Maria get a life? WILL TOMMY EVER GIVE UP? Find out next time!

Btw comment, please! So we know what to do. hehehehehehehHEHEHEHHEHE meep. x3