Chapter Two: Harsh Reality

heyy ! guyss can you PLEASE comment? we'd love to know what you think should happen, how you like it.. maybe even a name suggestion cause we're not sure wht to call it xD  

THANKS!  

- Sarena

Mark

(btw, this is starting from when Mark and Candace are in Candace's room, and is in Mark's even sicker, even more twisted mind. well its in 3rd person, but focusing on mark, in the same style of the other chapter. Well, my part is.)

Candace was lightly dabbing that beige-ish coloured painty stuff on Mark's face. Then as Mark just sat there, she took a black pen that had dark ink-like stuff in it and drew around Mark's murky green eyes. Then there was that pink powder that made his face look so...beautiful. And there was his favourite, of course: the lip gloss. Candace always had the best. They tasted like berries, watermelon, strawberries, and his personal favourite...  

"Mark, cotton candy lip gloss!" Candace piped up perkily. And then Mark's instinct was to kiss her on the lips as she leaned forward, even if he really did want the lip gloss. After all, he was a boy, and there were certain things that he simply couldn't live without, like lip gloss. Girls were just the frightening reality that weren't vital to his lifestyle.

A few seconds later, Mark was sick of his stupid instincts. It didn't matter what his natural reaction was, it was what his heart really wanted. And it so wasn't Candace. Annoyed at himself, he snatched the tube of lip gloss from Candace's hand and furiously applied it. It was just so addictive. So delicious...wonderful...and maybe Candace would let him try her new one, the pineapple-star fruit one. It sure sounded interesting. And he'd love to stay for a while; her room had that awesome mirror wall that he could use to gaze at his beautified self all day long.

"Sleepover?" Mark suggested. Candace seemed slightly pained. Did she really not want to share her lip gloss with him that much?

"Sure," Phew. Mark knew Candace was better than that. "I'll go shower here and you can go to the other bathroom."

Mark attempted to be a model as he sauntered down the hallway, earning him a reproachful glance from Candace's neighbours as he pouted as his reflection in the window. Mark sighed, but didn't let it destroy his peppy mood.  

There was once someone who understood me. SAM and I were BFFs, and then he wrecked it by disappearing. Selfish bastard, Mark thought.

Ever since SAM had disappeared, Mark had been lonely and talked a lot to his very unsupportive brother, and then his brother went to prison for beating up some kid on Halloween because of his serious anger management issues. Turns out that kid he beat up was SAM. Oh well, he deserved it for ditching Mark like that. Mark was oh-so-alone, but then was taken in by the popular crowd, and that's where he met Candace. To Mark, Candace was like a big brother. The kind of loving brother that showed Mark how to apply mascara properly, what shades of lip gloss suited him best... and all kinds of masculine things that he just HAD to know.

*** by the way, to understand the SAM references, read 'A Lonely Halloween' by James Kim, posted in the 'Scary Stories' part that you'll find on our MeepersUnited profile. <3 Lucy ***

Maria

(In case you haven't noticed, Lucy writes Mark's parts and I usually write Maria's. ^.^  

Candace's parts are kinda alternated, but she doesn't have many yet -Sarena)

Maria sat by the window in her room, looking out the window with a slight smile and a feeling of contentedness. Her life was perfect now; everything was right where it should be. Before she bought Ethan-the hamster-she was the most popular girl in school. All she thought about was boys. Especially this one boy, who --Stop thinking about him, Maria! She thought to herself. Ugh. I can't deny it... I'm still in love with the real Ethan... During the days when she was boy-crazy, Maria had constant dreams about a boy with light brown hair, a winning smile and the most beautiful green eyes ever. The only thing between him and Maria was the fact that he wasn't real.

Ethan was the perfection that Maria could never achieve. He was like a shaft of sunlight on a rainy day, a piece of cheese to a starving lab rat... and so totally out of her league. In her mind she was sick of him, but in her heart she was still in love. The dreams were even stronger now, except for the fact that occasionally his eyes looked more like a hamster than a human's.

But no! He's not my life anymore. I've got something better now. Maria stuck her fingers inside the hamster's cage, only to find the hamster running away, making an odd screeching sound. To Maria, that was a good thing. She closed her eyes, relaxing for the moment; then she whispered softly, "Goodnight Ethan," and drifted off to a disturbed, fitful sleep.

A tear slid down his cheek. His eyes were hardly able to stay open, and I reached out a hand, trying to comfort him.  

"How could you do this to me...?"  

"Hamster... Love... I'm not sorry, Ethan. I can't live with this broken heart," I said.  

"But you betrayed me... You monster..." Who was I to talk about broken hearts? I could see his heart was broken.  

"You're not even real. We can never be together."  

"I am real in your heart..."  

"Ethan, I have a ham-"  

"I am real in your heart..."

And she woke up. It had been less than an hour, and Maria found that she was buried under her blankets. Not sure what to think, she dragged the blankets off of her head and looked at her hamster. He was fast asleep. Overcome by a sudden wave of sorrow, she covered her head with the blankets and cried her sorry eyes out.