Blade 3: Prichina

CHAPTER 3: Prichina

A/N: For this chapter I chose Hollow by Tori Kelly. Dunno why (insert laugh here) but I just like this song for this chapter. By the way, I label this chapter Prichina that means reason.

The butterflies turned to dust and, they covered my whole room.

- Taylor Swift

___________________________________________________________________________

"You didn't give a ring." He moved with a lethargic grace away from the window and sat on the edge of my bed.

"You're right, I didn't."

"Aren't you intrigued?" Panimula ni Cage.

Tinitignan ko lang ang bawat galaw ng aking di inaasahang panauhin. Cage Volkov. Ang taong matagal kong nakasama sa iniwan kong trabaho na kilalang kilala ko   ̶  or so I thought. I stared at his face. Hindi sinasadyang pinag-aralan ko ang kanyang itsura, mula paa paakyat sa kanyang mukha habang siya ay nakaupo at ako naman ay nanatiling nakatayo malapit sa bintana.

He hadn't changed much in the past four years. Still looked striking even just in his white shirt and ripped denim. His big build carrying a strong aura that could not easily be shaken. His thin lips in contrast to his thick eye brows, sharp and proud nose, long eye lashes, dark as night orbs and chiseled hair. The man I adored and, I knew up until now I didn't and couldn't forget.

Our eyes met and a remembered flutter of heat ignited in the hollow of my stomach. I tried to ignore it. "No, I'm not. I'm tired." Naglakad ako palapit sa upuang naroon at umupo.I bent over and untied the laces of my shoes then kicked them off.

"You should at least hear the details before making any decision."

"Hindi ko kailangang marinig ang mga detalyeng dala mo," nagging sagot ko at napasandal sa inuupuan ko. "I'm not interested...and get off my bed. In fact, get out of my house."

To my irritation he moved and walked towards my direction. "Kailangan naming si Yellow Lynx dito. This is big...really big." Now that he was closer to me, I could smell the scent of his familiar cologne. The same scent I gave to him as my birthday present. I shook myself in my head.

"I don't care. Sinabi ko na sa'yo at uulitin ko. Hindi ako interesado. Now, get out."

"So I presume it doesn't matter to you that within few months' time thousands of men, women and children will probably be lifeless and you may be the only person to stop the bloodshed." He shrugged. "Lovely nightfall, Crouse." Nakipagtitigan muna siya sa akin bago ilagay ang kanyang mga kamay sa kanyang bulsa. He left my room and slammed the door shut.

It was bad enough the agency wanted me back, it was completely manipulation by them that they'd sent Cage to recruit me back. Hindi ko maiwasang mapabuntong-hininga. Si Cage ang kanilang ipinadala at 'di ko mawari ang aking isipan. Alam ko sa saliri ko na nagdadalawang isip ako.

"Damnation! What now if they sent Cage for that case?" I muttered as she removed my bag. As I placed the knife in the drawer next to her bed, she tried not to think about what he'd said.

"Of coure, that was Cage. He's living in your system until now at ngayon na lang ulit kayo nagkita pagkatapos ng mahabang panahon," my mind answered me back.

"But he betrayed me," mahina kong naging sagot sa aking isipan. Napapikit ako at parang nakita ko sa aking balintataw ang aking sarili at si Cage... masaya, tumatawa at ang kanyang pagtraydor...