5: Make Outs & McDonalds

Hormonal.
Bitchy.
Pissed off.

Those are the three main moods you get when Aunt Flow decides to visit. How nice is that? Not nice at all. And seeing how I am all three of those things on a regular basis, I really did not want to be messed with today.

Let alone be invited to a pool party.

“I can’t come, Taylor.” I hesitated, leaning on her locker.

“Why not? We haven’t chilled in a while. Besides, it’ll be fun!” She encouraged. Her red hair was tied in a side braid today and her skirt was shorter than it was yesterday.

“It’s not that I don’t want to come, I’m on my period and unless you want your pool looking like the flag of Japan, I wouldn’t think you would want me there.”

Taylor sighed and looked back at her other cheerleader friends, “I still want you to come. You won’t have to swim.”

What's the fucking point of going to a pool party if you're not going to swim?

“Ugh, fine.” I gave in, sick of arguing.

Taylor gave me a huge hug and then sauntered off with the rest of the Strawberry Shortcake Crew.

Taylor and I weren’t remotely close. She was just the closest thing I had to a girlfriend. And sometimes, in the most awkward situations, all you need is another person from the same sex to vent to.

Things had already begun to suck big time and I didn’t want to think of anything except how to hide from the police. Soon enough, they’d raid not only the school but my house as well and I haven’t even told anyone except Keagan. I was a wreck for starters and with Victor in the way, well, let’s just say if my dad wasn’t as important as he was, I’d be quitting this whole thing by now. But I watched how things changed after he left.

I watched it all fall apart. And when you see things like that at such a young age, you’re permanently scarred and ideas stick in your head.

This one was stuck in mine.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and put my hoodie up, walking out of school slowly.  I didn’t feel like going through two hours of Biology and then one of Math. I’m sure Leah would understand, right?

I was pretty sure neither Leah or mom were at home yet, they both had work. And I did as well, but I was pretty sure after what happened last time, I wouldn’t be going there again anytime soon.

Life had never been interesting for me.
Has it ever been interesting for anyone?
Must have been. I see students everyday smiling, crying, showing some type of emotion and that’s interesting.
Interesting enough, I guess.
But nothing except what happened to my father, has ever struck deep to make me show some type of emotion. Maybe that’s why I’m so dedicated to finding out where he is? Because he made me feel?

Sighing, I took a seat on a bus stop bench. Everything was moving way too fast and it was scary. It was scary because I was supposed to be making shallow jokes and debating who would finish the thirty cans of coke first but instead, I was ruining my whole life.

All because I was a little too young and a little too crazy.

//

“Dani!” Keagan hissed.

I turned around, “what is it?”

“I didn’t see you around school, where were you?”

“I ditched.” I said, shrugging.

“What? Why?”

“I just didn’t want to have biology.”

We were at Taylor’s so-called ‘party’ and instead of grinding against some idiot’s body in the pool; I was sitting on a bench on Taylor’s front porch.