The Dragon's Keeper: 2: Prefect Duties

I lounged my legs out on the bench, saving the extra spot for Harry as he was in the bathroom. The Gryffindor table was nearly full now as all the other students sat down with their schoolmates. The noise of all the students echoed loudly, their voices bouncing off the walls creating an oddly comfortable atmosphere.

Nearly head-less Nick floated by giving a kind greeting to me before going on about to greet others.

"Hermione." I said excitedly, staring as the first years were walking in the hall. Their little hats and cloaks were too adorable! "Hermione," I repeated, trying to catch her attention.

"...."

"Hermione?" I turned my gaze from the small adorable children. "Why aren't you answering-?"

"Shhh!" She hissed, forcing me to stare at where she was looking at.

My gaze followed hers to see where Ron and Lavender were chatting happily, standing closely by great archway. A chuckle left me as I found her jealously too sweet. Her reaction to my chuckle turned grave as she tore her napkin in half. Her eyes screamed, 'it's not funny.'

"Hey there, thanks for saving me a seat June-bug!" Harry arrived, scooting my legs over. He sat down grinning before noticing our two separate emotions. I covered my mouth with the back of my hand, trying to conceal the fit of giggles.

"What's going on?" He asked suspiciously.

"June here," she replied darkly, "is laughing at nothing. She's a silly, silly, girl."

"Is that so?" His brow perched, almost disappearing under his long hair.

"Tehe...oh yeah, you know me. Too many frogs, I can't handle the sugar." I managed to say, before snorting like a pig. Mione shook her head, eyes flashing at Ron's arrival.

Two shadows covered the lights and I turned around to inspect the eclipse.

"Hello, Harry. June...Hermione. "Lavender's voice seemed to tinkle as she spoke. Her cheerful grin had a tint of smugness, which infuriated Hermione even more. The napkin she held was now ripped into another 2 pieces, falling to atop the others.

"Nice to see you Lavender, how was your summer?" I asked, giving her my best smile. She immediately brightened and held onto Ron's arm.

"It was lovely. Patil and I went to the Muggle Park, Disney World. There are so many muggles there that I could hardly breathe correctly. They walk around nearly side by side because of how small the place is!"

"Really? I didn't go there this summer but I would have loved to go."

"It's just a cheerful place to be. All the baby muggles giggle and cry and their parents wear the strangest clothes!"

"Oh I went to America as well-OUCH!" I yelped. Someone just kicked me!

Clutching my shin, I already shot Hermione a crazed look. "What was that for?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Mione said casually, taking a sip from her cup. "I hope your turrets are alright though."

My eye twitched, realizing why she kicked me. "Sure...they're fine...thanks for asking."

When Lavender wasn't watching, she kicked me again, this time mouthing that I should tell Brown to get lost.

I mouthed a NO. I was definitely not as despicable to her as Hermione would have wanted me to be. I'm a nice person Mione! Nice! But she wouldn't listen!

Threatening to kick me again, the girl managed to knee in the knee, her bony bones were much sharper than normal people. I shook in defeat.  "Hey Lavender, I'm sure Dumbledore is about to have the first years be placed into their rightful houses. You should probably sit down before he does." I mentioned politely.