Chapter 9: Reality Check

*James P.O.V*

The weekend went by agonizingly slow. Aleks barely talked to me, yet still held my hand and snuggled up to me. It was... Strange. Like, he was hiding something, but wanted to sugar coat the secret with love. I don't know what's going on or what I did, but either way, I need to get to the bottom of this. I miss my little Aleksandr. My baby. My love. Me and Aleks get out of the car going into the building we know all too well now.

"Hey Mrs.Griffin." I greet the lady at the desk we see every week day. She smiles, as normal, and replies, "Good morning boys!" Going through the corrirdor to Dr.Welch's room, Aleks stops me. Not with words, but by simply stopping dead in his tracks and bent over, groaning in pain and gripping his stomach. Startled by his sudden halt, I quickly and lightly grab his shoulders, massaging gently. "Aleks?! What's wrong?! Are you going to get sick?" I was horrified. He's never ever done this before. "No. No, I'm fine." He struggles to stand, slightly gripping his stomach and painfully walks over and sits down in the familiar chairs. He lets out a great sigh when his back smacks against the chair. I guess he feels better now...

The appointment went by just like Friday's. With Aleks zoning out and me doing the talking, except for the slight times I'd zone out too, wondering if he's okay. I need to know what's going on in his mind... Why isn't he talking? I walk out of the doors first, and wait for Aleks by the door. He got caught up by Dr.Welch again. I wonder if what he's stressing about is me, and he's talking about it right now to him. I sigh and continue to wait. After about 3 minutes, Aleks comes back, but with damp cheeks and red eyes. "Babe? What's wrong?" I hug him, concerned. He doesn't hug back, just sniffles slightly and does some slow deep breaths. "I'm fine, just, Dr.Welch asked me about Mom and Dad." I looked at him strangely... Is he lying? He never looked me in the eyes. Could just be because he's crying and doesn't want me to see his tears. I go along with his words, "Oh, babe. It's okay. C'mon, let's go home and we'll relax and try to get your mind off of it, okay?" He nods, still looking down. I take his hand and walk us to the car and drive home.

Finally home, we walk inside and immediatly plop down on the love seat, snuggling. After a few hours of snuggles and very short small talk, we decide to hit the hay early, and go to bed.I whisper an I love you before almost dozing off and Aleks surprises me with sudden words. "I love you too, James. I love you so much. You mean so much to me. And I know, James, that we can fix this. Because I love you too much to lose you, babe. Good night. I love you." I smile and drift to sleep, my arm around his slim body and him snuggling into my chest.

*Morning*

I feel myself start to wake as my eye lids peel apart. Aleks is still snuggled up to me, which made me happy. I turn my head to see it's only 8:00. Blah. This is a bit too early for me, but my body's wide awake now. I look down at the sleeping russian, he looked paler than normal, his lips slightly tinted blue. What the hell is wrong with him? I shake his shoulder lightly, "Alllleksss." He doesn't even move... "Aleks?" I shake his shoulder a bit harder. Still, no movement. Petrified, I shake him more saying his name louder every time. No answer. My eyes get glossy when the thought comes to mind. No. That can't be true. I push the thought away as I pick Aleks up in my arms, sittin up on the bed. I kiss his lips and they feel frozen. The tears fall down my face repeatedly as reality smacks me in the face.

My little Aleksandr, died, in his sleep, in my arms, last night.