Chapter 11

"Hey! Hey we have to go to the bathroom! This ancient toilet is clogged!" Cassie could see the two guards walking their way. She glanced over to Ben, who was against the wall by the cell bars, out of sight from the guards. Cassie gave him a nod and he crouched down to get ready. 

The guards came up to the cell. "I should let you get a bladder infection or something, bitch," the one with the broken arm said. Cassie smiled and told them, "That's fine. But then I'll die and your boss will know nothing about our camp, leaving you to most likely to be killed."

The two men glanced at each other. "Oh, let her out," the other one said. The one with the broken arm sighed and unlocked the bars, pulling open the cell door. "Wait," the other one said, "what about the other--."

Before he could finish, Ben came out from the side and pushed through the partially opened cell, knocking both men over. Cassie came out behind him and grabbed one of the guard's dropped guns, pointing it at the one with the broken arm. 

Ben, in the meantime, was fighting the other one...but with his bad leg, he was losing. 

The guard kicked him right where the bones in his leg broke, causing Ben to yelp and fall to his knees. He blocked every kick and punch that came his way with his hands, but he catch the foot that kicked him right in the ribs; the same ones that Cassie had re-broken a few weeks back. 

Ben fell to his side in sheer pain. Just as the guard was about to kick his face, Cassie ran over and jumped up, wrapping her legs around the guard's neck and pulling him to the ground. She choked him with her thighs as he thrashed on the ground, hitting her legs. 

"Ben!" She shouted. "Gun!" Ben looked over and saw a gun by the other guy's unconscious body, Painfully, he reached over to it, then slid it to her. She grabbed it, then hit the guard's head with the barrel, knocking him unconscious. 

With a loud sigh, she unwrapped her legs from his neck, then crawled over to Ben. "You okay?" She asked as she slowly led him to sit up. He winced, but said, "Fine. I'm fine. We need to do something with the bodies."

A few minutes later, they had dragged the knocked out guards into the cell and closed the bars. Ben and Cassie stole the keys and their weapons. "We have to move as quickly as we can," he told her, as they walked towards the doors. "Shit, I'm not even sure if it's daytime or not."

"It's morning," Cassie told him, "but very early morning. They're the night shift, they get relieved around six I want to say." Ben nodded, then said, "Alright, we'll go with that." They stopped in front of the doors, then looked at each other. "Let's get home," Cassie said. 

After taking a deep breath, they each slowly opened the double doors and peaked their head out. It was morning, but it was dark. The courtyard was completely empty, which seemed odd for some reason. They both stepped out and felt the cool breeze hit them. 

"I almost forgot what wind felt like," Cassie smiled. "We need to get to the boat. I can wire it to start up without a key." With their guns up, walking cautiously, Ben gave her a side glance and said, "You can wire me up any day."

She tried to contain her smile, as she shook her head. They continued to walk cautiously towards the woods with no one in sight. "This is too easy," Ben whispered. Suddenly, sirens started blaring loudly through every speaker in the prison and all the outside lights turned on, blinding Ben and Cassie. 

There were shouts and shuffling feet coming into the courtyard. "Run!" Ben shouted over the sirens. They both sprinted down the hill towards the boat as bullets started flying past them. Ben reached for Cassie's hand and pulled her along even more quickly.