The first day awake

hi there, I am named Daniel Wolf, normal boy 16 years old, with the best receiving record of any high school football program in New England. I have single mom, so I have my eye on a scholarship my grade point average is 3.8 for we, my mom and I are just getting by. We will not have money for college without help, so I have my nose to the grindstone.  Studying is not easy for me, so I always have my head in the books, and it pays off. The coach had me tutor some of the guys on the team, it always amazing was how bad their study habits where and when they were taught how to study, how well they did.

Well to the here and now, I woke up in the hospital all hooked up to all sort of things with the coach looking at me saying that I had been in a car accident.  The last thing i remember was my mother picking me up after practice and all excited about the last game tomorrow.  My best friend Matt walked in, and the coach left because i could only have one person at a time in the room with me. I keep hearing voices like someone whispering as I talk to Matt but think nothing of it. The doctor walks in and says I have a concussion and some torn ligaments in my back and i will be in rehabilitation ward starting tomorrow. I ask about my mom he just said she died yesterday and walked out. I was stunned, Matt flipped out and said he was a rude ass. He went to find the coach who was out in the waiting room, Matt came back and said coach went to take the rest of the team home and would be back to give him a ride home. I asked Matt to pick up my homework and then I heard his thoughts about the playing the game without me and how hard it was since he was the only one that was quick, so he was doing all the running Evan the other receiver was not having a good day and they won by a field goal, wait how do I know this? am I hearing his thoughts. The nurse came in and I heard her thoughts about moving me out of ICU they needed the room, then she told me they were going to move me, this is freaky.  She started taking the needles out of my arms and putting band-aids on the needle marks.  She lowered the bed and with one more nurse she pushed me out to the hall where I saw the coach, he came for Matt and said he would be back tomorrow.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I was out in the hall about two hours, then they moved me to the ward, on the other side of the Hospital. The nurse Tammy said she would try to get me some food but since it was 9pm she didn't know if she could. I have not eaten in two days so i was starving, I said that would be great she was the only staff so far i liked. She came back, with a tray and I thanked her, she said she warmed it up in the microwave. The meal was dry meatloaf, cold mashed potatoes, green beans, Jello, and a cup of tea well I said thank you when she picked up the tray, she tried, and I was thankful.  I went to sleep and was woken up to have my vitals taken that was at midnight and finally got to sleep.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   THE SECOND DAY                                                                                                      I was woke up at 630 for vitals my blood pressure was up I wonder why, the nurse informed me that the doctor was making his rounds early, then I could hear her thoughts he was cantankerous for the last month since his son had brain cancer it was a shame, that explained his coldness and lack of bedside manner. About half hour later in comes three doctors, he tells me to roll over on my stomach and unties my hospital gown now my ass is up in the air and the two young doctors start pushing and prodding my back and it is starting to hurt and i tell them so. I hear one of the doctors think what a smart-ass kid I was, now I am ticked off, he says yes, I think he needs rehabilitation, so I said that is what was decided yesterday so was this necessary. The older doctor said that he was get-ting a second opinion.  That is why I was in this ward so any one could guess i need that, they left an old nurse came in and scolded me like I was her child she said I shouldn't give the doctor a hard time her thoughts at the time was I am a brat and spoiled,  that did it I let loose on her I told her that I had one meal 60 hours and when I woke up was told my mother died the day before. I was in pain and the doc made it worse and now I have a headache and she was making it worse I told her to get the hell away from me. the rest of the day flew by as I was moved to a new ward.  The guy next to me told me that this was his last day here and he was going home, and that about the current stay in the ward was from two day to three weeks. He was happy to go home. I heard what he was thinking at least he would eat real food I started to laugh but thought better of it, people would start to wonder about me.  The man seemed nice his wife reminded me of my mother, and I became very sad as tears built up in my eyes I rolled over to the wall, and resisted crying for my mom.  I turned over in time to wish him well and say goodbye to him and his wife, funny I never asked if he had kids of course if he did, they would be younger than me. The light in the ward started to fade and i knew it was around supper and I was getting a headache, so I rang the buzzer next to the bed and waited about ten minutes for the nurse, she came in the ward like I had done something wrong and started in on me she said she didn't have time for people that weren't sick well, that did it, I told her I needed an aspirin for a head ache and that her attitude might change if she had my pain, instead of acting like a Hitler storm trooper and move a little faster. She huffed and left; I hope to get the pills I wanted.  Then I heard her thoughts little punk he will wait now.  I awoke in a white room I thought boy I slept hard, but my head still hurt, Then I heard someone not to worry he would be with me shortly, strange I saw no speaker and then the voice said I am talking to your brain.  That made me catch my breath.  The door opened an in came a man although I thought I must be dreaming but in my brain. he said that it was sort of a dream but that he would explain that I was in the hospital in ICU unconscious, but it was because I had an infection, but I would be alright he took care of it. He told me to rest, and I would wake up in my bed in ICU in about two hours, that was all I remembered.