RBMS - 1

• Dedicated to All My Beautiful Readers :) <3

-link for free donwloading on the side- (external link)

Chapter 1

"Just look at her, tangled brown hair, brown eyes, disgusting fashion sense; just think, who the hell would want her," I heard from behind me.

I turned my head halfway back, shooting daggers at the school sluts who were chatting away about me. As if they were to talk; the clothes they're wearing-no, I can't even consider those as clothes. They seem to be just a few pieces of fabric covering parts of them up.

"Hey Bev! Over here!" one of my best friends, Lara chirped, waving from our regular lunch table.

I rolled my eyes at her idiocy, how could I not know where to go if we've been sitting at the exact same spot for the last four- "Ah!" I shrieked as I stumbled on my shoelaces.

Within the next second, an arm wrapped around my waist, steadying me, "Whoa there, careful," a familiar husky voice whispered.

"Thanks," I mumbled blushing as I looked up at Brian, who happens to be the one who saved me from my 'trip-fall-die' moment and from spilling my lunch on a bunch of stuck up bitches.

Brian's a friend who I used to date, but ended up with a mutual break-up which happened at a perfect time because soon after that he had found his mate. Who not to mention happens to be extremely sweet.

"No problem, klutz," he chuckled as he waved off the barbies who were currently glaring at me.

He was right, I'm a klutz; I always trip, slip and injure myself, but thank god I still somehow managed to have phenomenal (as people put it) skills at fighting. Which has settled me as the third-in-command/trainer of the pack, ever since I first shifted when I just turned sixteen.

"Shut up," I growled at him as I punched his arm with my hands which were now free, since he took my tray of food after he helped me.

He just chuckled again, shaking his head as he handed me my tray when we arrived at my lunch table.

"See yuh," he muttered not before nodding at my brother, Lara, Madi, Austin at their presence. Along with that, he kissed the top of my head before leaving to join his friends and mate for lunch.

I gently slid my tray beside Erik's and started butt-nudging him over to his seat, not knowing why he was in mine...again. He stuck his tongue out at me, before playfully shoving me and getting in his seat more comfortably. After dropping my bag on the seat, I sat down, finally looking up to find a sight I would question. There in front of me was Austin glaring at the direction Brian went, I believe if Brian was still standing nearby, there would've been a hole that was burnt through him. What's with him?

"Yo Austin, who you glaring at?" my best friend/Erik's mate/Austin's adopted sister asked.

Lara was adopted from the orphanage when she was three. The Lane's decided to take her in since Jennifer, Austin's mom, had always wanted a baby girl, but was unable to give birth to any more children after Austin. It just so happened they had picked a baby 'pup'.

"Nothing... I mean, no one," Austin mumbled as he snapped out of his thoughts.

Shrugging and not giving a damn, I picked up my fork, ready to dig into my lunch. I was starving. Exactly a second before my fork stabbed the piece of meatball on the plate, Erik slapped it away. I glared at my brother, what's with him? Slowly I moved my hand to pick up the fork again, as I held his gaze. Then as quick as I can, I stabbed the meatball. Smiling, I raised the piece of food to my mouth. Just as the it was about to make contact with my lips, Erik quickly slapped it away again .