Chapter 18

Once again I am very very sorry. I have a lot of school work to do and stuff, 'cause I litterally only have 6 days left, of my entire school life, like, that's kinda stressfull, and I have exams in the holidays and I had an exam last week and I've been really sick and I'm really sorry, I shouldn't be giving excuses, but here, new chapter! :D

Josh's POV

"Hey, do you want to meet up sometime, I think it would be really lovely to meet you in person, I'm tired of all this texting nonsense."

I read the message once again. Thinking it over once again, I really didn't know how to respond. What if she changes her mind, what if she didn't mean it, and she thought I wouldn't be up for it? what if, what if, what if. ugh, why do I have to overthink everything.

"yeah, sure, time and place?" I hit send before I could change my mind, if she didn't really want to meet up, she wouldn't have sent the message.

Scarlett's POV

 I was sat down watching The Little Mermaid for the second time this week, singing along to every song, much to the amusement of Mickayla, who was reluctently watching it with me. 

"look at this stuff, isn't it neat? wouldn't you think my collection's complete? wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everythiiiiiiiing? look at this..." I was cut off by the sound of my phone, telling me I had a message. I fumbled around looking for it, feeling nervous, what if it was Josh? what if he said he didn't want to meet up? I kept thinking of the worst possible things he could have said, if it was even him texting me. When I finally found my phone I quickly paused the movie and looked down at the small screen in my hand. It was Josh who had messaged me, and I was far to nervous to unlock my phone to see what he had said, so instead I put the phone face down on the table next to the couch and continued to watch the movie, not completely concertraiting. I got startled by Ursula's laugh towards the end of the movie, when she grows really big, and has created a massive storm and wirl pool in the ocean. I hadn't realised how loud I had the tv, and I also hadn't realised that it was already the end of the movie. As soon as it ended I grabed my phone and read the message without another thought. I knew I had to sooner or later.

"Yeah, sure, time and place?" 

I froze and nearly dropped my phone when I read it. In all my worrying and thinking he wouldn't want to meet up, I completely forgot about what I would do if he in fact said he did want to. Before I could even stop and think about what I was doing I sent him the address for the Starbucks down the street, and asked if he was free now. I sat anxiously waiting for a reply, chewing on my nails, thinking I was being too forward again, I must have zoned out, for the second time that afternoon, because the sound of my phone alerting me of the new message startled me. I looked down, once again seeing Josh's name across the screen. I unlocked the phone, not quite knowing what answer I wanted.

sorry it's unedited. I just wanted to get this posted as soon as possible, because I feel like such a horrible person for not updating in so long. I have a lot more free time now though, so I should try and focus on this a bit more :) this week is a bit hectic though, I have a 2 and a half hour English revision thing tomorrow, then in Friday it's our leavers assembly, then Monday afternoon I have the "presentation day" for the boarding house, which is like another, smaller leavers assembly, and Monday afternoon is graduation. Then another revision thing, for drama, and then I only have two exam next month and I'm finished school, and that's kind of scary.

anyway, I once again sorry it's taken so long, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I will try and get the next one up as soon as possible :) xoxo <3

Steph.