Picture 2

Meigan-4 swiped the dirt off the cold metal seat and sat tentatively down. She could see the sun setting behind marbled clouds and raised her arm to check her watch. Whoever was coming had 5 minutes. Settling down more comfortably in the seat, she watched the sun set. The dilapidated rail station had been blown out years ago by a more violent band of anarchists. The Omnis had soon taken care of them, as she recalled. There was no reason in anyone coming here again; tracks were simply built around the rubble. Lichen and moss soon took the place of footsteps and railways, and the concrete cracked around it.

She quietly hummed a childhood song to herself subconsciously. Reaching into the pocket, she counted the rigid credits to make sure they were all there. The 140 pieces of silver plastic were surprisingly heavy, and getting then out of her pocket was a welcome relief. The clack of footsteps against sidewalk brought her attention to her left. In one motion she stood up and pulled a gun from its holster.

"Who are you?"

"I believe you have something for me," the dark-haired girl answered. She limped slightly in blood soaked pants, but also held a gun in her hand.

"Well, that depends on if you have something for me," she replied. "Let me see it."

The girl dug into her pants pocket and revealed a semi- opaque container. The low sun shone through the cubic box, revealing a dark rock-like object hovering in the middle. Meigan-4 smirked in approval, and held up the credits in her hand.

"14000, as promised. I don't know how you got hold of it, but the professor sends his thanks." She began to walk towards her, the hand with the stack of credits outstretched. As she got closer, she could make out beads of sweat around the girl's brow. It was hard to tell whether it was from pain or apprehension. Her face gave nothing away. Far away, thunder rumbled. Both looked towards the sky instinctively to see dark clouds gathering at the edge of the horizon.

"Alright, hurry up. I don't want to get caught in the rain," the girl said.

"Then move your ass over here," Meigan-4 replied. The girl scowled, and began to shuffle towards the middle. They exchanged their items quickly, and Meigan-4 stuffed the cube down into the very bottom of her bag. Turning on her heels, she walked away from the awkward scene. The girl fell to the ground shortly afterwards, emitting a soft whimper. Meigan-4 rolled her eyes and continued towards the archway just beyond where she sat. The girl could keep the credits, Charon might want them later.