Could it be...

Kat woke up early, her mind going a mile a minute. She looked over at Jun, who looked at her. He sat up, looking at her with a confused look. She motioned for him to walk out of their room. He quickly followed her, Kat shutting the door behind them.

"Kat, what's wrong? Why are you awake so early?" Jun said softly. Kat crossed her arms. "My mind is thinking about too many things." He took her to the mess hall, where they sat across from one another. "What's one of those things that's keeping you awake?" He asked her. She looked out the window. "It's six. I feel that she doesn't agree with Carter on his decision, and will turn on us."

Jun crossed his arms. "You mean his decision on not letting her go on the next mission?" She nodded. Jun chuckled. "What's so bad about it? Whatever Carter says, goes. If she doesn't like it, then too bad." Kat's eyes looked away from Jun as Carter approached them. "Morning sir." said Jun. Carter nodded. "Jun, I wanted to talk to you about something." Kat kept her eyes on the window, thinking about something else as she touched her robotic arm with her hand.

"What is it?" Jun said as Carter pulled up a chair. "I want you and Emile to go on a special night opp." Jun nodded. "We'll do what's necessary sir." Carter nodded. "Good to hear. I will not be leading this mission, but Kat will be, so I expect you to do well. Ally, Jorge, and I will be remaining here." Jun nodded. "Yes sir." Kat nodded to Carter, coming out of her trance. "We'll get it done commander." She said softly.

***

Ally woke up, Emile sitting on the edge of her bed. She sat up fast, making sure no one else saw them together. Jorge was fast asleep. "Emile. What do you think your doing?" She hissed. Emile looked at her. "I wanted to make sure that you were okay." She looked at him. "I'm fine Emile." She said touching her good shoulder lightly. " Are you okay?" He nodded, but then shook his head. "Ally you know I like you, and I know you like me. So then why are you so afraid to show it?" She looked away from him. "I don't know.." She said quickly. He grabbed her hand. "I think you do."

She pulled her hand away. "Emile..I don't want them to know." Emile sighed. "Do you even know why?!" He said annoyed. Her face became serious. "Because it can be used against us!" She hissed and got out of her bed. "I don't want you to be used against me." Emile looked away from her. "Fine." He stood up. "I'm going to go eat." She grabbed his hand. "Emile wait." he looked at her. "What?" He snapped. She went closer to him. "I'm sorry." She said softly.

He smiled lightly. "So under all of that anger and toughness is a little softy huh?"He teased her. She giggled, her shoulder hurting a bit. "Maybe. And it's not just me.." She kissed his forehead. "I'll see you at the mess hall later." He said to her and he walked out of the room. Jorge sat up, Ally turning slowly. Jorge cocked his eyebrow at her.

Ally pointed a finger at him. "You heard nothing." Jorge put his hands up in surrender, letting his legs hang over the bed. Ally fixed her hair. Jorge got up, putting his shirt on. "Ally, we wouldn't think anything less of you if you did say that you loved Emile." Ally stiffened. "It's true. On a count that Kat and Carter have a thing." Ally turned around her mouth open in shock. "So it is true." Jorge nodded. "But I'm a lone wolf Jorge. I've worked hard to get to where I am. I can't get soft." She said fixing her shirt. Jorge looked at her. "Ally, just because your in love doesn't mean that it will ruin everything." Ally cleared her throat. "I'm going to get some food." She walked out the door, it shutting behind her. Jorge shook his head. "Sometimes I wish she would trust us."

***

Ally stayed away from Emile, but kept watch of him. Kat and Carter discussed the next mission in Noble's quarters, Jun and Jorge talking about the new recruits.

"They're not ready to be sent out." Jorge argued. Jun nodded."But the higher ups requested that they be sent out immediately. It makes no sense."  Jun added. Emile joined they're conversation. "I know when I first started out that my squad wasn't ready, and our commanding officers knew that too." Emile pulled up a chair. "But they sent us anyway." Jun shook his head. "It just doesn't seem right anymore." Emile and Jorge nodded.

Ally watched Emile from a distance. She was a loner, but she was in love. It made no sense to her either. But when it came to missions, she knew that her emotions got in the way, and that needed to stop. She had to keep her head in the fight, not her heart. She moved her bad shoulder lightly. It was healing nicely now. Soon she would be completley healed and back out on the job.

Kat sighed. "So where will you be commander?" Carter crossed his arms in front of his chest. "That's only for me to know Kat." She looked at him. "Carter, why the change? It's weird enough for me to take command again. But at least tell me why.' Kat never called Carter by his first name unless it was important. Carter sighed. "Because I have an appointment with Colonel Holland." Kat nodded. Carter looked at her seriously. "Is that all you wanted to ask Kat?" She shook her head. 

"I want to know what you think of us." Carter was taken by surprise. "Us Kat?" She nodded. He looked at his hands. "I guess it's good. The others might have seen it coming though."  She nodded once. "They have." Carter smiled lightly. They loved each other for a long time now, and every now and then they would show affection toward one another. "Kat." Carter took her hand. He didn't have to say it. She nodded. "I know." She said and smiled lightly.