The team is together again

Emile looked around the Noble barracks, his arms behind his head. He looked at Ally's bed, finding it still empty. He sighed softly, looking at the other beds. Everyone was asleep and in bed but Ally. She needed more rest after the surgery. He laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. 

Later on he looked at the clock, reading it to be 0100 hours. He got up and walked out of the room, going to the mess hall.

Ally was sitting on the windowsill, legs stretched out, her dog tags in hand. She stared out the window, deep in thought. Emile approached her, his camouflage uniform barely making noise. He sat by her, her head turning to him.

"Hey." She said softly. He took the dog tags out of her hand. "You're not just a number Ally." He said putting them around her neck for her. She nodded once. "You're right."She put her hand over them.

"I'm a Spartan." She smiled lightly. He nodded once. "Exactly." He took her hands in his.

"I don't want to lose you." He said quickly. She smiled. "You won't." He looked at her, frowning. "How do you know?" He said innocently. She squeezed his hands. "Because I have you Emile." She said sweetly. He blushed lightly, clearing his throat.

She giggled. He let her hands go. "Are you going to bed soon? It's 0100 hours.." She nodded and stood up. "Would you like to escort a Lieutenant to her room?"

He smiled. "Only if she tries to sleep in tomorrow." She rolled her eyes. "Fine."

He chuckled. "It was the doctor's orders." She sighed. "I know." He linked arms with her taking her to their barracks.

***

Around 1200 hours ...

A small siren went off, and a voice came on the intercom. "Noble Team, special package inbound. Report to motor pool ASAP." Carter sat up quickly. "Let's go Noble Team." He said putting his boots on. Kat and Jun sat up, Ally opened her eyes and yawned.

Emile got hit with a Jun's pillow in his face, jolting awake. "I'm good!" He said loudly and stood up stretching. Kat chuckled and looked at his feet. "Not without boots, Emile." He looked down and hurried to get his boots on, mumbling to himself, feeling embarrassed.

Noble 6 sat up slowly wincing a bit, and put her boots on, leaving with the team to the motor pool to see what was coming to the base. They stood at attention as the pelican landed, the back door opening up, revealing a familiar face.

The Spartan approached Noble One and shook his hand. Carter smiled lightly. "It's good to have you back Jorge." Jorge smiled. "It's good to be back sir."

Noble Six peaked out from her place in the line to get a better look at this Spartan. He was tall, older than the rest of them, and his armor was something she had never seen before.

The team broke stance and greeted the one they called "Jorge." Kat and Jun smiled and talked to him. Emile shook his hand strongly, his face serious. "I see you haven't changed much Noble 4." Jorge said. Emile shook his head. "Not much." He responded.

Ally was the last to greet him. They shook hands. He smiled. "I'm Jorge. Noble Team's' number 5." She smiled. "I'm Ally. The new number six." He nodded and smiled. "Glad to hear it."

Carter lead Jorge to the command center for debrief, instructing the rest to do whatsoever they wished. Emile went to the range, Jun went to the arms room, and Kat and Ally went to get breakfast together.

Jun entered the arms room, looking for possible sniper rifle ammo replacement. Carter entered the command center with Jorge, saluting  Colonel Holland. "At ease Noble." They took a relaxing position.

Holland took them into a secure room. "Noble 5, I need you debriefed ASAP. Noble 1 will take over from here."Jorge nodded once. "Yes sir." Holland left the room, closing the door behind him.

Kat and Ally sat down at a table with their food. Ally yawned. Kat smiled lightly. "Late night Lieutenant?" Ally cleared her throat softly. "I guess you could say that." Kat chuckled softly. "We all know what's going on with you and Noble 4, six."

She tried not to blush. "I'm not sure what you mean Noble 2." Kat crossed her arms. "You know exactly what I mean Ally." Ally sighed. "So what? What about you and Carter?" She said a little too loudly. Kat glared at her. Ally smiled, eating her food. "I rest my case."

***

"What happened on your last mission Jorge?" Carter asked. Jorge cleared his throat. "When we got to our destination, the mission seemed pointless, seeing that half the planet was glassed already. We tried to save the civilians, but those monsters killed them before we even had a chance to save them." Carter wrote down what he said.

"And when you mean monsters, you mean?"

"Yes sir. The Covenant."

***

Ally went back to the room after eating, and laid down, her shoulder aching. This was the deepest wound she had ever gotten, and she would surely never forget it. She blamed herself for her injury, for not paying attention. She replayed the scene over and over in her head, eventually falling asleep. 

***

Jun found Kat in the mess hall, showing her his new ammo that he had found. Emile soon joined them, Kat staying quiet as she analyzed him. Carter and Jorge came later, Jun telling stories of the good times. Carter looked at his team. "Where is 6?"

Emile looked up. "She could be resting, I'll go get her." He stood up. "No. That's all right. I'll go to her." Carter went to their sleeping quarters, Emile sitting back down quietly. They all chuckled at him."So you have your eye on Ally eh?"Jorge asked. Emile ignored him, sharpening his knife.

***

Carter opened the door, and looked at Ally's bed, finding it empty. He looked puzzled, but shrugged and went to check the shooting range. Noble 6 was shooting a shotgun, the gun resting in the crook of her bad shoulder as she shot at the target. She winced at the pain, sweat coming down her face as she continued.

The range manager let her be, after being threatened by Ally more than once with the gun to let her practice. Carter entered, Ally looking at her target paper. He cleared his throat, Ally looking at him.

"Sir." She said turning to him. He approached her. "It still hurts." He said, seeing the sweat on her face. She nodded. "But with all do respect Commander, I'm ready to go off base again."Carter put his arms behind him. "I'm afraid I can't let you leave until you are fully healed."

She looked down. "I understand sir." He left the range, and went back to the mess hall. "That sucks." The range manager said under his breath. She made a bullet go into the wall by his head. "Shut up Derek! Don't patronize me!" Derek put his hands up and left. Ally banged the steel table in frustration.