Chapter 12

I told David I would talk to my parents about going back to that school, but I haven't...yet. I was kind of bummed out about David going there, and then I had to be homeschooled, but at least we can see each other.

"Mom, dad. I've stood up to the people who were bullying me, and I think it's all over. Don't worry, I wasn't mean or anything. And since David is going to that school, I kind of want to go. But you homeschooled me, so I can't. Can you please let me go back to school? Please?" I asked. I was also wanting to earn Clarissa's friendship again, but I wasn't telling them yet.

Mom looked at dad, they were silent for a minute, but replied quickly. "If it's alright with your mother, I'll let you go." dad said.

"Are you sure about this? I mean, I can keep homeschooling you if it's not over. This is your choice. But I hope you choose wisely." mom replied.

"I'm sure about this, mom. Thanks!" I smiled, pulling both of them into a hug, but quickly released them.

I ran away to meet David at McDonalds. We were going to have breakfast together.

"Hey, Davey."

"Stop calling me that!" he grinned.

"Fine. Davey McDonald. Better?"

"Oh, that's soooooo much better." he replied sarcastically, then grinned immediately.

I laughed. "What are you having? I can order." I asked as we entered.

"I'll order, you just take a seat." we walked over to a table and he pulled a chair out for me to sit in.

"Trying to be a gentleman now, I see." I winked, "I'll have a breakfast burrito."

He began to walk away after nodding.

"-oh! And a smoothie, blueberry pomegranate."

He started walking away again with a smile.

"--annnnd, French fries."

Walking away again, I stopped him.

"And--"

"Kasey!" he said, frustrated, but started grinning.

"Okay, okay." I said, "why are you still here? Go!" I teased.

He walked away after I finally let him go. He came back with two blueberry pomegranate smoothies, two breakfast burritos, French fries, and water.

"Hog." I joked.

"I'm having the exact same thing as you!"

"Copying my food now, huh?"

He shrugged, grinning, like always. "Dig in."

"Why do you grin all the time?" I teased.

He rolled his eyes, taking a huge bite of his burrito.

"Huge bite."

David started laughing. "Just eat!"

I just started eating, leaving him alone.

After we began drinking our smoothies, I decided to talk to him about school. "So, my parents said I could go back to that school."

"Great." he smiled.

"Yeah... So, you done eating?" I asked.

"Yes."

We threw our trash out, then headed for David's house. I needed to exercise, so we went to his house instead of the gym this time.

"Kasey, I'm really glad you agreed to go out with me. You know why?"

"Why?" I smiled.

"Because then we wouldn't have had so much fun together, and I would have never got to know you so well." he smiled sweetly.

"Aw, Davey." I replied.

He blushed.

"I'm glad I agreed to date you. Because you make me forget about being bullied, even if I'm not bullied anymore. And you just make me so happy!" I said.

He smiled. "You ready to exercise?"

"Sure." I sighed.

We did 150 jumping jacks, I was tired after 100 jumping jacks. I usually get tired after 40. So I guess this is working for me.

"150 more later?" he asked.

"Yes." I replied, taking a drink of water. "Do you think I'm losing weight?"

"Kasey, was that necessary?"

"It was. Answer, honestly." I glared at him."Answer!"

"I believe you are getting skinnier-- not that you were ever thick, but you get it." he didn't know how to reply.

"Davey, how could you?" I said dramatically, acting like he hurt me. He didn't.

"Kasey, I'm sorry!"

I whipped my hair. "No. You mustn't come near me. You have hurt me horribly." I replied sarcastically.

"You're joking." he got behind me and started throwing my hair up in the air. "She whips her hair back and forth! She whips her hair back and forth!"

I turned around and started swatting at him. "Stop!" I chuckled.

"Okay, okay. You better get home."

"Alright. Bye!" I hugged him.

"Bye!"