Chapter 6? Wow..already?

Chapter 6

The mall.

Nothing else you can describe it as.

Just that messed up place where materialistic people go to hang out and gush over clothes they can’t afford. I used to be that way, too. But, things have definitely changed. I have changed. I can’t see that change, but I can feel it. Feel the change. Sounds like an old sixties saying or something. I, Brooklyn Grayce Piper, am so not worrying about how I look. When it’s time for senior prom, I will wear my Mom’s old dress, because when I was little I was in love with that dress. I don’t think that will matter. No one will even notice me. Everyone hates me. They think I am just vying for everyone’s attention. I don’t know who will take me to prom, but that’s still months away. Like, let’s see, um, December, January, February, March, April, that’s like, five months. I will be eighteen in six months.December is my favorite month. It’s all snowy and stuff. I may not be able to see the snow, but it’s visible in my mind. I remember all my snowy day memories from near frostbite to hot chocolate after sledding on a day out of school, I remember it all. I can sort of make out those images in my mind. I just wish I could still see them. Jasper told me that if he could he would give me his sight and be blind himself. I told him that wouldn’t be necessary, but what I was thinking is that it was a major case of agape. I mean, if he would give up his sight for me, then we must really love each other. You know, like brother and sister. I really think I would like going to college with him. I will miss him when all of our school years are over and we have to move separate our separate ways. I just want to get to be with him all my life. Wait that came out totally obsessed, I meant it like growing up next door to each other forever, like when we are old and can’t walk or drive, we could talk from porch to porch. I meant it like friends. I mean, if you had been friends with someone since birth wouldn’t you miss him or her? We have been going to church together since we were both born. We would usually share birthday parties since we were only 2 days apart, Jasper- May 4, Me- May 6. I think we should have a joint eighteenth birthday party. I think I’m going to call him.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Jay”

“Nice rhyme, what’s up?”

“I think we should have a birthday party together like we used to.”

“What brought that up?”

“Well, I was thinking about some things.”

“Like what.”

Jasper is the only person I could talk to about this so I’ll tell him.

“Everything.”

“You’re bummed again aren’t you?”

I have never suffered from depression, but when I first became blind I was often very sad.

“Yep.”

“Do you want me to come over and talk about it, or do you want to come over here?”

“I want you here.”

“Okay, bye, I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Love you, bye”

I hung up, and then it took me about 30 seconds to realize what I just said. I had told him that I loved him. Do I? What is he going to think when he gets here? What is wrong with me? Now, we really have something to talk about. I feel like I just ruined it all. Did I?

Seriously guys, I am so happy that I have at least 2 readers. But, I really want a lot of readers. Thats reasonable right? I mean, every writer that has spent at least 2 years working on a book (there are already 48 chapters of LYCS) wants people to read it, right?

Thanks,

Gracie :)