Chapter four

Chapter four

Mum was out of the hospital quicker than I though she would be.

Dad had calmed down a little and Jamal had actually started to speak to me.

I had just had my lunch and was heading towards the library when he bumped into me.

Jamal: Sorry.

He apologises,then he looks at me closely.

Jamal: What’s on your face?

Me: Oh, nothing, nothing seriously.

I say to him. He looks at me not believing me for a second.

Jamal: Nah, its bait you got marks on your face.

Me: It’s just natural…

I rush past him and escape to the library. I didn’t want to tell him about my dad, I didn’t want to cry again during school so I listened to music with with my earphones and took out a book and read it till the bell went for period five and six.

After school I was about to rush off home as I didn’t want to get home late when Jamal grabbed me by my waist and turned me around to face him. I jumped at his touch and flinched. He then started stroking my face. His hands were soft and warm.

Jamal: Who did this to you? He asks with a concerned look on hos face.

I wondered why he was being so nice to me all of a sudden. Why was he so concerned? We were both out pretty early and the bell had only just rung so people would just be coming out of their lessons.

Me: Don’t worry, look, I have to go or my dad will go mad.

I pull away from his kind embrace and run to the bus stop. My waist wouldn’t stop tingling the whole way home. He actually cares? He took the time it seems to come and catch me before I ran off to see if I  was okay.  That touched me. It made me smile. For once…I’m actually happy O_o

Jezel: Hey neeky girl Kyra

My brother greets me when I get in throuh the front door.

Me: Hey

His girlfriend Mya was with him.

Mya: Hey girl

Jezel: Your lucky dad aint here so your cool.

I smile at my brother and give him a hug, pull my shoes off before rushing upstairs.

My mum was laying in her bed having a rest. I went in her bedroom and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

Me: Hey mother dear J

Mum: I’ve got some good news.

I jump onto mums bed and get comfy,

Me: Yes, whats the good news.

Mum: We’re moving.

Me: Where??? I say eagerly.

Mum: Well, I went with your aunty to go and look for houses and we’ve found one.

I give her a massive smile and another kiss on her cheek.

Me: What about dad.

I expect it to dampen the mood but it doesn’t

Mum: He’s been arrested.

I pick up the pillow next to mums head which was dads and throw it into the air in sheer joy. My heart beats fast with excitement. I’m soo excited.