Chapter 3: Liam

Hey guys! Sorry for such a late upload. School has been really hectic lately and uploading has become difficult ever since iOS7 ruined my iPhone (I do all of Deadly Sin on my phone). So now I'm on my laptop, feeling quite inspired, so finally...Chapter 3! AMAZEBALLS!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Xoxo

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm alive. Or at least I think I am. I feel dead inside. There's nothing left of me. Just darkness.

I should've died. I had accepted that a long time ago. I had welcomed death in that hotel room- pleaded for it to take me away. But just before that could happen, my father busted right through the door and pulled me out. He wrapped a towel around my bleeding arms and placed me on the bed. He was angry, completely furious, and he paced the room while he waited for the paramedics.

"You see what that sin does! It kills you! God is punishing you Liam!"

He didn't even bother to show any tenderness. He didn't even care to ask if I was alright. Typical dad; more caught up in God than his own son.

The paramedics came shortly after and rushed me to the Emergency Room. I don't remember what happened after that. Things had blurred by and the whole ordeal is a bit foggy. But I'm alive. Somehow they had managed to stitch me all up.

I woke up two days later after my surgery. The room smelled of cleanser and the insides of my nose burned. I was really exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open.

"That's it son, wake up now," a comforting male voice cooed. I didn't know who the voice belonged to, but it definitely wasn't my father's. I looked at the man beside my hospital bed. He was in his fifties, with platinum gray hair. He had stern black eyes, but the look he was giving me was soft and encouraging. He gently patted my shoulder as my mind became more alert.

My mouth was dry as I tried to speak. "Who are you?"

The man's eyes seemed to glaze over as he smiled, revealing his stained yellow teeth. "I'm Tom Goodwin, and I'm here to save your soul Liam."

If I wasn't already so faint, the color probably would've drained from my face. This wasn't right. "Is this some sort of trap?"

Goodwin smiled and chuckled lightly as if trying to ease my paranoia. "No traps. Just salvation."

"Where are my parents?" I didn't care where they actually were, but I would rather have them here than Goodwin. He creeped me out. There was something about his demeanor that made me not trust him.

"Thanks for reminding me. They definitely need to be in here if we are going to have this discussion properly." He left the room in search of them. I watched his retreating figure as dread overwhelmed my senses. I tried to force myself to fall back asleep. If I closed my eyes, maybe I wouldn't wake up. Maybe then this horrible life I have awoken to will disappear into a bleak darkness. But I couldn't lull myself into death. I couldn't even make myself sleep.

The door opened and my parents walked in followed by Goodwin. They didn't rush to my bedside, they didn't ask how I was feeling. They didn't even look at me. Goodwin passed them and took his seat by my bed once again.

"Now Liam, there's something your parents and I would like to talk to you about."

"Liam you can't come home-" my mother said in an unfriendly tone.

I scoffed, "I figured as much."

My mother looked at me with hate filled eyes. "You're sick Liam. The devil has possessed your soul. You're a disgrace."

"You need to be cured of this sin," my father added, "and Tom here has offered his support."

Goodwin placed a heavy hand on my shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze causing me to wince. "You see Liam, I own the Goodwin Christian Rehabilitation Center. We help cure Christians of common sins like drug abuse, sex addictions, but most importantly...homosexuality. Your parents have paid for you to spend some time with us at the facility until you get better."

My father looked at me then with emotionless eyes, "You need help Liam. The Devil has corrupted you and they have the tools to correct you."

Wow. Correct me. I felt a twinge of pain in my chest when my father said those words. This whole situation was horrible. I had heard that coming out was tough, but this? This was absolute madness. I thought of Kelly and how much I would love to be cuddling in his arms until I remembered that he was the reason I was in this situation. Hell, I bet if Kelly were here right now he'd be on their side! The thought of that hurt me deeply.

"So if I go, what happens next?"

"There's no 'if' Liam. You're going," my mother interjected. My father angrily nodded in agreement.

Goodwin, I guess trying to get on my good side, gave her patronizing look before answering. "If, and only if you choose to leave with me, I will take you back to GCRC where you will undergo four months of heavy treatments and devotionals. I promise you Liam, by the time you're done with our program, you'll be a whole new man- a real devout Christian. You won't even recognize yourself anymore."

Now, if there was anything I was most sure of in my life, it was the fact that I was gay. I was attracted to men, simple as that, and I hardly believed that there was a way to "cure" me of that. Everything that was coming out of Goodwin's mouth was pure bullshit, and only religious zealots like my parents would fall for such foolery. I knew that saying yes to Goodwin's offer would be a mistake. My heart told me as much. But the last time I listened to my heart, it almost got me killed. It told me to love Kelly and he destroyed everything I had. So no, I was definitely not going to let it weigh in this time. And besides, four months away from Forester, to forget about Kelly, and to maybe get my old life back? It seemed like it was worth the risk. Even if they couldn't degayify me, it would make things easier with my parents. Because like my mom said, I couldn't go home. This was the only way.

"Okay, I'll go."

My parents noticeably relaxed and Goodwin smiled. "Great choice son," he said, "you'll be better in no time."

"Sure."

What's the worst the worst that could happen?