Chapter Twelve

Luciana

It was Tuesday,my second day working here. I loved it here. I loved Aunt Lynettes too,but this job wasn't anything I wanted to do forever.

August and Malik had been arguing since Sunday night because Malik hired me with no prior work or background check on me,but the case was over once I brought in my pay stubs,previous work recommendations,etc.

Today I wore, a white colored tee and Michael Kors sweatpants and my pink puma fenty slides. Yes,this wasn't business appropriate,but it wasn't like I would actually attend the meetings right now. I had my ray-ban reading glasses on my head as I continuously checked over their stock market.

These prices didn't make sense; in 2014 the stock had reached a little bit to 3 million dollars. Beginning of 2016 their stock has decreased more than 15%. This business would soon fall into this destruction. August,Malik and Khalil owned a business that owned businesses. Say for instance, your family owns a company and their boss has a boss that also has a boss and then they have a boss too, well they would be considered puppies compared to this company. I researched a bit in my free time.

I took a screenshot on my MacBook and closed it now turning around to my computer.

Emails,Emails,and emails.

It was only my second day here and I received over 2,000 emails in just one day. It was mind-blowing. I forwarded some to August,Malik and Khalil, and then scheduled appointments.
Lord knows I hated this company phone. It had the absolute most buttons that I didn't understand. Malik said that it'd take time for me to learn them,and boy he wasn't lying.

I grabbed my MacBook,along with my violet journal and a Bic ink-pen;I headed towards the main office ready to discuss this problem that I've came across.

I knocked on the door as I checked my email(s) on my phone. Instantly one caught my eye
Opening on new apartments:limited time offer.

August soon came to the door with confusion all over his face. Probably because of my outfit attire,noting that he had on a Dolce and Gabbana matte black suit.

"Wassup ma?"

"Something really serious" I panted now out of breathe. This building had been so humongous, it made no sense. It took me 10 minutes just to get here.

"Come in" he moved out of the way.

I plopped down in one of his chairs. There was Khalil and Malik.

"Oh great,everyone is here" I smiled.

I placed my glasses back onto my face as I unlocked my MacBook. I then went to my gallery going to my albums hitting 'screenshots' . They all waited on me to began speaking so I did, "today I did research and math on you guys company"

They said nothing so I continued on, " in 2013 you guys boomed, you hit about 3.7 million dollars all together,in 2014 a solid 3 million dollars and in 2015 you guys were at a 2.8 and 2016 it's now 2.5 millions dollars. If you haven't already noticed you're company stock market is continuously decreasing. I would like to discuss a couple of ideas that would be able to help you all or other wise this buisness won't be here much longer." I stated in one breathe.

Once no one answered,I looked up, "you gotta be lyin" August mentioned lowly. I shook my head in disagreement.

"Here. Here's the work,you can go over my calculations but I've went over everything several times" I assured as I handed him the 3 different types of scratch paper that had work on front and back.

"Y'all step out fa' a minute" he spoke to Malik and Khalil. They both smirked and nodded.

His face held a stern and cold expression,but I was legitimately confused.

"What's wrong August?" I asked.

"Somebody in this building is fucking with my money"  he said.

"You sure? You sure it's not your buisness is going -" he cut me off, "Hell no, our buisness is the top lead, we create businesses if one is down another is built right back up less than 4 months. We are the owner of owners, so there's somebody here that is fucking with me. I've worked too hard for this bullshit to happen."

I took a deep breathe and spoke timidly, "I have an idea."