Chapter 3: Bickering

This chapter just turned into a lot of dialogue. I hope that that doesn't bother you, but I think that it's mildly amusing and hope that you agree. Enjoy.

----------------------------

     As I walked the Kyodai Brothers back to the prison, our eyes were constantly drawn to the sky as the remaining husk of the Tobishachimaru, the large blimp that was at the heart of this whole fiasco, made its slow decent on a plank of ice. Suddenly, the ice disappeared, and the aircraft began to freefall through the air. Seconds later, I could just barely make out a figure leaping from the hull of the blimp as purple lightening shot out of their entire body, forking and striking the clouds in multiple places. The thunder crackled and it began to pour as the ice under the blimp reformed, guiding the civilian hostages to the safety of the ground. The figure that had produced the lightening, who was none other than Kakashi himself, was caught by the Tsuchikage (since, you know, he can fly and all, lucky bastard) and Kurotsuchi before being handed off to Sai and one of his flying pieces of art.

     I lowered my kunai at the prisoners that I was escorting, "Keep moving. We aren't here to watch the show."

     Their leader grunted, "What's your hurry?"

     "I'm going to heal that idiot who just created the lightening so if you don't mind, I'd rather not spend a single second longer than necessary in your presence." He snorted, and I narrowed my eyes as the kunai moved closer to the soft flesh of his neck, "Get moving."

     He scoffed, "I'd almost rather be locked up in prison than spend another minute with you." He looked off to the side, "Where on earth did the Leaf scrape up a crazy bitch like you from?" I cringed slightly at being referred to as a "bitch" so nonchalantly. Not that I'm a prude who never cusses, but I've found that overusing curses diminishes their meaning. If you ever find me cussing, it will be for a reason.

     I scoffed a little as well, "Would you believe me if I said an alternate dimension?"

     "Nope."

     "Figures."

     He glanced over at me and then blinked, "Holy shit. You weren't joking."

     A low snort came out before I could help it as I pointed at my grim expression, "Does this look like my joking face to you?"

     "How would I know? I don't want to see your joking face or whatever you just called it. I don't need nightmares; prison's bad enough as is."

     I tapped my chin in mock contemplation, "So even remorseless murderers have bad dreams... Who would have guessed?"

     "Look, girly," he sneered at me, and I couldn't decide which nickname I was more offended by: bitch or girly. "You're a ninja too. I'm guessing that you've killed plenty of people. I bet that you're the reason that several little kids are growing up without their daddies. I bet that you've done things that you don't want to think about. And I bet that some of your precious comrades have done things in the name of your village that would curdle your blood. This is a dark world that we live in. You might not be used to it after growing up in your 'alternate dimension,' but I'm just one of many amoral humans who litters this dump that we call earth."

     I looked up at him in defiance, "Yes. I've killed people, and I know people who've killed lots of people." My mind immediately drifted to Kakashi and his years of being "cold-blooded" while in the ANBU. "However, there is a difference. The only people who have died at my hands were either people threatening my life or the safety of my village or people that I couldn't save when they were wheeled in on a gurney when I was on call. It's the same with my 'precious comrades.' I don't kill for sport- we don't kill for sport. And we most certainly don't take pride in killing those weaker than ourselves for our own selfish gains."