Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Run!” I heard someone scream as my 5 bestfriends and I rushed out the double doors of our school. Chaos and havoc wreaked the streets outside. There were those… things… feeding on their unlucky victims. I almost puked at the sight, but I knew I had to stay calm. Our whole world was being overtaken by these things, that if I had to describe them, I’d say they were zombies. They fit the description perfectly, blood-shot eyes, rotting flesh, and a bad, bad case of the munchies.

“Where do we go!?” Kate asked frantically, her blue eyes darting from here to there rapidly.

“Ummm… I don’t know!” I exclaimed my eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

“Why don’t we go somewhere to hide?” Jade suggested to us, strangely nonchalant.

“Oh yeah… But where?” Hope chimed in.

 We all stood there, thinking.

“Well, if we stand here and keep wondering about that, we’ll get eaten!” Crimson started, “How about we go over there, behind those trash cans?” I looked over at the trash cans in question. It would smell terrible there, but what choice did we have? It was a good hiding place, but there was one problem. The trash cans were a good 30 feet away, how could we survive that?

“But wait a minute, how will we get there alive? It’s at least 30 feet away…” I voiced my thoughts to them.

“Hmmm… If we run we’ll attract unwanted attention from those things… but what if we pretend to be like them?” Hope suggested.

“Hey, great idea!” I praised her. We all shuffled forward, groaning and moaning in a zombie-like fashion. The zombies near us looked up, but then went on devouring their man-wiches. We went on like this until we got behind the trash cans.

“Okay… now what?” I asked.

“Well, if these things are zombies, then they’re most likely to take over the world, so maybe we should find some supplies and set up a base somewhere. We’ll also need weapons.” Jade said matter-of-factly.

“Ooh! I have an idea! Let’s make a map!” Jade exclaimed, taking out paper and pencils. We made a map of the town, which was surprisingly easy since there was one in sight next to a streetlamp, so we copied it. We didn’t have time to put in many details though, other than pointing out where our houses were and possible places to get supplies from. We looked at our creation to find out where to go.

“Hey, look! The super mall is on Chrome Avenue! If we go there we can get supplies and food!” Hope pointed out.

“Yeah, and look, if we go through this alley way, it’s a shorter and a safer way there!”  Kate said excitedly.

We stood up and picked up our map, getting ready to leave.

“WAIT! We can’t go yet, we have to make sure the coast is clear!” Crimson warned, putting her arm in front of us, preventing us from leaving our safe spot.

I peeked around the trash can, looking at the street with cautious eyes.

“Okay,” I whispered, “The coast is clear!”

We carefully made our way around the trash can, making sure to not make the slightest sound. We crept our way over- even holding in our breath to stay extra quiet- to the alley way we spotted on our map.  Once we got there, we sighed in relief.

“Okay, now we just have to get over the wall over there,” Hope whispered, pointing to the wall at the end of the alley way. She walked over and pushed some wooden boxes next to the wall, gesturing us over.

“We have to get over the wall by using these boxes,” She whispered, climbing on top of one, “I’ll see what’s on the other side, kay?” She reported. When she got up high enough, she peeked over the edge and whispered, “The coast is clear, c’mon!”

We shuffled over as quietly as we could, and started going over the wall one by one, until we were all on the other side. Once we were all over, we proceeded on our mission to the super mall. We arrived there just a few minutes later, and those minutes were full of dodging zombies and repeatedly looking over our shoulders, trying to avoid being eaten. When we got to the huge push doors, we idled for a moment, hesitant about what was on the other side of these doors. Finally, I sighed and just tried to face the inevitable, and pushed the doors open.

“All right, since we’re in this mall, look for weapons, supplies, and anything useful, got it? And if we run into trouble, scream, and kill the zombies. Judging from all the zombie movies, we should probably destroy the brain in order to kill it, okay?” I spoke.

“Good idea.” Kate agreed, “How about we split up into groups? Crimson, Hope, and Jade together, and then me and Kat.” We all nodded in unison, and stood in our groups. Just as we were about to set off, I stopped them.

“Wait! Why don’t we barricade any and all exits we see here? That way no zombies other than any that are already in here can get in.” I stated thoughtfully.

“Sure, we’ll do that.” Crimson agreed, and they walked off to go look for supplies, leaving me and Kate to wander off as well.

“Where should we go first?” Kate inquired.

Just as I was about to answer, a scream pierced through the seemingly still air.

A/N:

Sorry that this is kinda short, but I tried my best to make it longer. If you like it so far, don't forget to vote it and leave a comment! :D If you don't like it, then leave me a comment telling me why, I appreciate constructive critisism. ^-^

Kat <3