Chapter 4

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Chapter 4

Mary nearly had a heart attack at the hottie who followed Katie into the clinic. She blushed as his green eyes turned to her and was glad her dark complexion hid her blush. “Who is that?” She hissed at Katie as Katie pulled on a smock to protect her clothes.

“Ghost.” Katie answered with an amused smile. He glanced over at her; he was guessing that she was addressing him as everyone was using that word when they addressed him. He smiled at the two women and Mary’s heart, which was already beating a fast tattoo positively started to gallop.

“Can he understand us?” Mary asked aside to Katie.

Katie shook her head, “No… not yet. Nathanael said something about evolution of language then he lost me. What do you know of our patient?”

Mary’s mind however was far from sick animals. “I don’t care… can I have him.” She asked her friend.

“No.” Katie said sharply feeling a pang of jealousy.

Mary tiled her head to the side and smiled, “Oh is it like that… you want the hunky Were for yourself.”

“No… I mean yes but it’s a little more complicated than that.” Katie said as she went to a sink and started to wash her hands.

“How can it be complicated, granted the language barrier would be a huge problem but as long as he’s good in the sack who cares.” Mary said as she joined Katie in washing her hands.

Katie sighed and shook off the excess water, “Not that kind of complication…”

A man chose that moment to walk in with the injured dog. Ghost was instantly on alert, he was okay with Katie being with other women, fine with her being with Eric as his interest clearly was with Maria and Nathanael as a mated man was not a problem, but this man was a threat and it put him on edge.

“Put him down on the table.” Katie ordered.

“Her…” The rough looking mountain man corrected. “I think her leg might be broke, damn near took my hand off when I jostled it.”

“Thanks Dawson, Mary or I’ll come by your place tomorrow and give you an update.” Katie told him.

He nodded and left, he wasn’t really comfortable in town and appreciated Katie’s sensitivity on the matter, he even loved the fact that she would come out to the cabin to look at his bloodhounds when they were hurt or sick.

“Gez… he’s real protective of you.” Mary commented as she unwrapped the dog carefully.