Chapter 9

I walked into the classroom with my friends, with a smile spread across my face. My mood was a little different today, but it sometimes switches whenever I thought that I saw Kent. He had made it an hobby to just pop up from nowhere and I never thought that I could get used to that. It was crazy.

"Ok...I don't know if it's just me but you look a little bit different today" Emma said as she called me out of trance.

"I do?" I asked. What was so different about me?

"Yea, you're a little bit smiley, unlike the past few days. There's this spark on your face, I really can't explain but it's just there, like someone who just got a boyfriend" Emma raised her brow. I wished that was true and I would have been the happiest person if it was the boy that I liked so much.

"I guess it's because I feel better now. I don't have my headaches anymore. Shouldn't that be enough reason to be smil-ey?" I said, emphasizing on the 'smiley'

"Mm...okay, if you say so" Emma said with a shrug.

"I'm happy, you're back" Kim smiled.

I let out a soft chortle at what Kim said "I haven't been away"

"You really haven't been yourself ever since....you know" Kim rolled her eyes

"Ever since what...?" I asked curiously

"...you know what..." Kim winked while I stared at her confused. What the heck was she goin on about?

Emma and I grabbed out seats right next to each other, while Kim grabbed a seat in front of us. Kim suddenly looked around the class before finally taking her seat and I wondered what she was looking for.

"I heard there's a new boy in school, but i don't see him" Kim looked back at us before she continued to look around. Why was she even interested to see the new boy if there was actually one?

"Maybe he's not ready to be in school" Emma replied but I wasn't really interested in what they were going on about. My mind was entirely somewhere else, or should I say it was with someone else. Kent.

Few moments later, Mr. Johnson, the history teacher walked into the classroom and he shuts the door. It felt like the world stopped and he was walking in slow motion.

By my calculation, he should be in early 30s, because he looked macho and fitted in his grey blazers and tight pants. We hardly had teachers like him in my school and when we do, the girls drool over them while the boys hate them.

He gave a broad smile as he walked to the desk in front of the classroom and dropped his bag on the table.

"Good morning" He started "....is there anyone who isn't here yet?" Mr Johnson asked. Everyone stared at him like they didn't hear a word. The girls were lost in his grey eyes while the boys weren't interested in whatever he was saying.

He cleared his throat. "Ok... I guess there is no one then" he concluded as he turned to face the white board in the classroom but suddenly someone rushed in and we all turned our heads to see Max, my brother. Why was he just coming in now? Where has he been?
"This is really becoming an habit, Max Cooper...Getting late to class"

"I'm so sorry" Max said while finding his way to his sit.

"Alright...." And just like that, Mr Johnson let Max have his way again.

"Thanks so much" he went to the back of the class and took a sit behind his friends while my eyes followed his movement. When his eyes came in contact with mine, he scowled at me and I looked away.

"so...we will pick up from where we stopped. Bring out your notebooks, please" He picked a marker from the table and turned to the white board. "Spanish Explorers and Spanish Colonies" he said as he wrote on the board.