Chapter 10

This chapter is dedicate to janalove10 😉

It was late at night, I had just left the sitting room for my bedroom, few minutes after dinner. I grabbed my diary which was lying under my pillow with a pen pinned to the upper edge of my diary. I sat on the bed and rested my back on the wall beside the bed so I could find comfort as I wrote in my diary.

Whenever I wrote something down in my diary, I'd look up and smile at myself. My diary was like my only best friend, aside my two best friends, Emma and Kim. I could always pour out my mind into it and feel safe, understood and accepted.

The wind started to sway the curtains in my room which made me notice that I had forgotten to close my window again.

"Not again!" One of the sheets on my table was already flying up the room and there was already another on the floor. I just had no choice but to get up from my cozy bed.

I bent down to pick up the sheet of papers and place them on the table. I turned around to go back to bed and I found the ghost-Kent sitting on my bed already.

Who did he think he was to just pop up in my bedroom any time he wanted and just sit on my bed.

"What? Why are you sitting on my bed? What are you doing here? Don't you ever knock or what?" I was forced to ask him, He was already starting to get on my nerves and I hated it.

"Woww...wow..easy there. One question at a time" Kent stood up from the bed.

My eyes darted to where I had placed my diary on the bed, I quickly ran to the bedside and hurriedly closed my diary.

"You should really stop sneaking up on me. What if I wasn't on any clothes?" I asked

"But you are" Kent said with a devilish smile upon his lips.

"What do you want?" I asked again.

"Nothing.... I don't know"

"Then I see no reason why you should be here. So why not go away, it's late. I need to sleep" I yawned, crawling into bed and grabbing my blanket and pulling it over myself; pretending to be feeling sleepy even though my heart was screaming don't go.

"You're really bad at pretending, you know and you should feel lucky because I'm here with you" Kent bragged as he took his seat on the chair in my room. He must think he was some Prince Charming, he was cute but he didn't have to brag about it.

"uh? You're so rude, you know. I just told you to go away, not grab a sit. Go away!" I said as I turned away from him.

"...won't you let me in first before sending me away" My annoying brother's voice said and I lifted up my head to see Max by the door.

"Max....what are you doing in my room? Will you ever learn to knock?" What the hell was wrong with people in this house coming into my room without my permission.

"Probably" Max said in a not so serious way.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing much, it's about that guy..."

"What guy?" I interrupted in a high screech. "Just go away Max" I hurriedly stood up from bed and tried to force him out of the room but he just to firm to move this time around. Why did he always have to come in to talk about Kent whenever Kent was around?

"Your crush....the one in the hospital" Max said with a confused expression I guess he was trying to figure out why I was trying to deny my crush.
"You know, I find it strange that you don't seems to be bothered about him anymore. Maybe you never really liked him" he concluded and I heard Kent chuckled.

"Shut up max"

"Oh wait, I get. You just realized you don't love him since it's likely he's won't make. Bravo sis...bravo" he clapped.

"Enough Max" I cried. I was beginning to get scared of Kent finding out this way that I had a crush on him.

"You are one cunning little rabbit, dear sister. You're only hiding your true colors behind those glasses of yours and I see you...wow" Max shook his head while rolling his eyes at the same time. I would rather let Max think of me that way than to let Kent find out the whole conversation was all about him. I looked at Kent again and he just couldn't stop laughing.

"Are you done?" I asked calmly

"Not really but never mind. I already know what I need to know"

"Get out" I almost yelled again.

"Okay..." Max smirked and walked out of the room. I shut the door and locked it immediately. I turned around to see Kent still laughing so hard.

"How is that funny?"

"I don't know...but your brother is really a funny *ss" he smirked.

"You should also go away, bye" I waved at him.

"...so who's that guy he was talking about? Your crush who is in the hospital and probably won't make it...is he that sick?"

"He's no one, he was just blabbing, I just waved at you. So...leave" I said even though I was somewhat happy to see him but I tried not to show any kind of weakness to him. I couldn't let him get the idea that I was crushing on him, at least not yet.

"Come on, tell me"

"He's not my crush, he's just some guy i know"

"The guy seem to be unfortunate like me, the difference is just that he could die any moment but I'm not dying. Or...could the guy be me? Are you crushing on me?" He winked.

"What? You? Eww...blech. No way! You're not my type" I bluffed.

"Oh great..'cos you're not my type either. I like classy girls. Not girls with glasses and always putting Halloween costumes" my eyes transfixed with shock as my stomach contracted into a tight ball.

"So why are you even here? You don't even talk to me at school" I reminded him of how snobbish and arrogant he was and now it was obvious that he could never stop being arrogant.

"I just felt there could be an explanation for that, why are you the only one who can see me...." he replied.

"I wish I know but I don't, Ok? Just go back to wherever you came from and stay away from me" I said while I was somehow hoping he would refuse and stay anyway. I didn't know why I like someone like him so much, despite being so annoying. I wanted him around.

"Okay...your wish is my command" Kent said and walked out through the wall leaving me stunned.

I rushed to the window and peeped outside hoping I might just see him once again but he was nowhere to be found.

Just like smoke dispersing into the air, he was gone and I could only feel regrets for sending him away.

I wished he would come back. But what if he didn't?

I really need to know what you guys think about the story....please

Comments and likes please
😘😘😘😘😘