Chapter 5

Alex's POV

Getting back from the hospital with my mom, I went to my room and threw myself on the bed.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Emma told me. It was all too much to take in.

How could he be so stupid to drive drunk? I muttered to myself. He should know best that it wasn't healthy to drive drunk. He probably couldn't have given that a thought since he was drunk. Drunk people don't know if they were drunk or doing something stupid. But still, someone should have stopped him.

I wished that I had gone to that stupid party, maybe I would have stopped him from making that stupid mistake. Now he was in a coma. A freaking—coma.

Poor Kent. I just hope he gets better soon.

I wondered how his loved ones must had be feeling at the moment. And his girlfriend,  Tia. I hated her so much but I was still worried about her. She must had be so devastated.

It was all just too much.

I suddenly couldn't control the tears I had been trying to hold back. The tears started rolling down my cheeks as I buried my head in my pillow.

The horn of a car grabbed my attention and I snap my head up. Sniffing, I stood up from my bed and walked to the window to peer through the gaps between the window curtains. I took a deep sigh after realizing it was Emma and Kim, who had just pulled over at our driveway.

I walked away from the window and went back to coil up in my bed. In few seconds my friends were in my room. I pushed myself up from bed and tried to force a smile but I couldn't do it.

"Hey...girlfriend" Kim said and hugged me while Emma did the same before sitting by the edge of the bed.

"Hello guys" I replied reluctantly.

"How are you feeling now?" Kim asked with a curious expression. She probably wanted to know how I was really feeling or how I was taking the news about Kent.

"Well...I'm fine. I already took some pills prescribed by the doctor" I said.

"Uhmm...I was talking about Kent. You know...I meant how are you taking the news about the coma thing?"

"Oh....uhmm....i don't...." I stuttered, thinking of what to say but I noticed Emma elbowed Kim

"Kim...you shouldn't ask her that for now. Can't you see she doesn't feel too good" Emma said, concern spreading all over her face.

"I was just curious" Kim shrugged as she rolled her eyes

"Well it's okay...I'm fine and I'm not so bothered about Kent. It's not like i'm related to him or something" I scoffed, trying not to show how bad it was with me. I wasn't related to him, so why shouldn't I feel fine. "but i hope he recovers soon" I added.

"Really? Alex...really?" Kim said and raised her brow at me. Was it that obvious that I was lying? They probably should be able to figure that out quickly  because this was the guy I had been crushing on since elementary school.

"Alex...you don't have to hide anything from us" Emma held my shoulder "we're friends like sisters and we know when you're not saying the truth"

"Okay fine....I'm so worried about him. I love him and to know he might die....i don't think i can live with that" The stupid tears came rolling down again and I just embraced it. "I don't think i will ever be able to love someone like I love Kent"

"Oh, don't worry....you will. You're just a sixteen year old teenage girl, you're still going to find some many guys to fall in love with" Kim said jokingly. It was hard to believe she could joke about something like that when I felt heartbroken.