Chapter 4

In case you're wondering...that's just a sketch of Kim Kardashian that i did. I guess i almost got it right.

It was Saturday morning, I had left home with my mom early in the morning to see the doctor. I hated hospitals, but I had no choice than to go. If I had refused, my mom would have dragged me down here with my ears.

I was soon done at the doctor's office and I came out to the reception to wait for my mom who was still busy with the doctor.

I had left home with my mom as early as possible just to meet up with the appointed time. I could have missed my appointment if not for my mom who helped me to get up and dress up on time.

It was so hard for me to get up from bed, my body felt so heavy like I've been working so hard and my temperature has gotten worse than the previous night.

The doctor made my mom realise that I had been working myself up a lot which I bluntly denied. I wouldn't want to get my mom worried.

Though the doctor was saying the truth but I just had to deny it. I had been trying to occupy myself with one thing or the other for the past few weeks just to stop thinking about Kent but it was obviously not working.

The things he made me feel were beyond what words could describe. Whenever I saw him, it was always like the world stopped spinning; and I tried not to accept that Kent was just a dream that would never come to pass.

I sat quietly at the reception waiting for my mom, I felt a little bit better. The doctor already prescribed the necessary medications after giving me some pills to take in his office.

I brought out my phone from my purse and unlocked it. I widen my mouth in amazement when I saw 15 missed calls from Kim and 12 missed calls from Emma. It was like a bombshell, seeing the number of times my two friends had called me. I could have known they were calling if I had not kept my phone on silent but I had to because I was in the doctor's office.

"Wow" I exclaimed. I wonder what could be so important that couldn't wait. Gossip of course, that was the only thing that could prompt them to keep calling me like that. The gossip is probably about Kent and his girlfriend, and I was definitely not ready to listen.

I'd just call them when I get home. I locked my phone and returned it into her purse.

I took a deep sigh as I sat, staring and waiting for my mom to come out of the doctor's office. I really wanted to leave the hospital. I hated hospitals. Hospitals were definitely one of the places I hate to be. The smell of hospitals made me want to throw up at times. I always tried to avoid getting sick so I wouldn't have to visit the hospital but I couldn't even escape it this time around.

I raised up my head and looked to my right, to my surprise it was the last person I was expecting to see that was sitting across the place I was. The only person that tend to take my breath away each time I set my eyes on him. He looked even cuter than the prince charming from a story book.

"Kent" I called softly. What was he doing here anyway? It was so early, especially for someone who was at a party the previous night, he should still be cuddling his pillow or trying to get over an hangover. Even Max who left the party early wasn't awake when I left home with her mom.

I hoped he was fine. I kept staring at him and it was like my eyes were glued to the whole of his gorgeous body.

Kent's eye caught mine staring at him and I felt so embarrassed. He acting caught me looking at him that I couldn't pretend to be looking somewhere else.

I smiled at him but he gave me a questioning look in return. He was right to had done that, after all we were never friends and neither had we spoken to each other before.

I quickly turned away when I suddenly hears my phone ringing again, I brought out my phone from my purse and saw that it was Emma who was calling me. I stood up from where I was sitting and moved to a more private place at the reception to pick up my call.

"Hello" I whispered.

"Alex...why haven't you been picking my calls" Emma asked on phone. Her tone seemed off, it was shaky.

"I was in the doctor's office and my phone was on silent" I replied.

"Oh I forgot to ask...how are you feeling now?" Emma asked

"I'm fine"

"Okay....but I don't think you've heard about what happened " her voice sounded like she was about to throw some bad news. She sounded so worried.

"Heard what?" Now I was starting to feel anxious.

"Kent was driving drunk after he left the party..." she began but I cut her off before she could say anything else. The mention of Kent sent me over the edge.

"Did he get arrested?" That is the only consequence, I guess. And besides if he did get arrested, that shouldn't be a problem since he was out already.

"No...that would have been better" Now I'm wondering if there could be anything worse than getting arrested.

"He was in an accident and he's in the hospital" He seemed perfectly fine to me.

"Well I don't think that should be a big deal. Seems he'll be fine..."

"...Kent might not make it" My eyes went wide.

"What? What are you saying? Emma....you shouldn't say or kid around with awful things like that"

"That is the truth, Kent is in a coma. The news is everywhere"

"What are you saying? I just saw Kent and he was fine"

"That's not possible. You probably saw someone else" How could that had been someone else, I was sure it was Kent.

"I'm sure of what I saw, Kent is fine, nothing is wrong with him" I turned around to where Kent was sitting to confirm what I told her and saw someone else sitting there. Kent was nowhere to be found.

"You must have seen someone else" Emma said on the phone, so sure of what she was saying. Could it be someone else just like Emma said? I didn't want to believe that. I really didn't want to.

But what if she was saying the truth? I thought to myself.

"Oh my God!" My body suddenly started to tremble. I quickly hung up on Emma and went back to where I was sitting. I wish I had not received the bad new. I really felt for Kent that moment and wished I could help him somehow.

The thought of knowing Kent might loose his life made me weak all over. I didn't think I could ever live with that.

My mom came out of the doctor's office and noticed my worried face.

"Are you okay, honey?" my mom asked.

"I...I am fine" I stuttered. But I really wasn't fine. I just got a bad news about the only boy I ever loved. Nothing was really okay at that very moment.

"Okay...let's get going" my mom said

I followed my mom out of the hospital, with the hope that the bad news was just a joke. I really hoped it was...

Don't forget to like. Thanks😘