Chapter 3

After I got back from school with Max, I went straight up to my room and threw myself on the bed. Immediately the smell of rose invaded my nostrils.

I was really exhausted from the bad day that I had, I couldn't even do anything. I was only able to think about my horrible day with Max and everything else.

"He's such a pain in the *ss" I said to myself as  I thought of Max. He was always making my life miserable at any chance he got. I sometimes couldn't help but ask myself over and over again why I was destined to have someone like Max as a twin brother.

"Probably a twin sister would have been better" I would say that to myself so many times if Max was at it with me again.

It was not as if Max was that bad but he derived joy in frustrating other people. I should be an exception but no, Max was just being Max.

Despite everything, I loved him still. I knew even when Max was always being Max, he was still my brother and he always stood up for me whenever he had to.

My thoughts slowly flickered back to Kent and Tia, and how the two were all over each other in school. Then I knew that moment I can never have a shot no matter how small with Kent.

That was all I could think of as I slowly drifted to sleep.

***

Few hours later, I was still lying in bed. I could hear my door creaked open but I was too tired to open my eyes to know who came in.

"hey honey" A sweet voice like an angel's called out to me. It sounded like my mom's but I really didn't care to know. My eyes were too heavy to open up.

"Sweetie....get up" my mom said. I opened my eyes this time and tried to sit up with my mom's help. "Honey what's wrong? I've checked on you twice but it doesn't seems you wanna get up soon" my mom said.

"Nothing...i'm fine. I'm having this slight headache, that's all" I replied trying not to bother my mom. I know my mom would be so worried, she was always so restless whenever it came to her kids. The love of a mother for her children is incomparable to anything in the world.

"Headache?" My mom said and touched my forehead "Oh no! You're burning up" she said in a very shocking tone. "Come on...get up, come down stairs with me. I'll get u some pain relief and make you some manzanilla tea. Then I'll call Doctor Martin to book an appointment with him" she said as she helped me get out of bed and take me out of the room.

Max and my little sister, Jane were watching a movie on our big screen television. My mom helped me to sit on the couch in the sitting room gently and covered my body with a blanket .

Automatically, anyone who was ill in the house automatically became mom's favourite. Max and dad were good at pretending just to become mom's favourite.

"Max, make your sister some manzanilla tea. I'll get her some pain relief to use" my mom said

"Can't she make her own tea?" Max questioned. There he goes again, acting like the evil brother.

"Do it now" my mom commanded

"Okay...fine" Max huffed after the straight look my mom gave him and left for the kitchen to make the tea while my mom went to get me the pills I needed to take from the first-aid box

My mom gave me the pills while Max handed the tea cup to me after squinting his eyes at me. I took the pills and tea, then rested my back on the couch.

"What do you want for dinner?" my mom asked

"Nothing, mom...I'm not hungry" I replied. I really don't feel like eating, I think I suddenly lost my appetite. Maybe it was because of Kent and Tia. Looking at those two made me to want to throw up.

"Well I want a big plate of spaghetti" Max said as he pointed at his stomach. I tolled my eyes.

"I wasn't talking to you" mom replied, cocking her head to the side.

"Come on mom, your new favourite person isn't hungry" Max said jokingly

"If you keep going on like that, you might miss the party" my mom threatened.

"What?" Max said in a low tone "uhm...i'll just sit quietly and watch TV" Max said and sat quietly. I really wish I could laugh but there wasn't enough strength to laugh.

"I'll go make dinner, Jane sweetie come with mommy to the kitchen" mom said and headed to the kitchen.

"Okay mommy" Jane stood up and followed mom to the kitchen.

Another three hours went by, I was still in the sitting room on the same spot but with a blanket over my leg. I sat quietly while watching movie with my little sister Jane, my mom and my dad.

We were watching my favourite TV series, The Flash. I really loved superhero movies and anything that has to do with science.

Max wasn't home, he already left for the party, he really behaved himself within the few minutes he was home so he could make it the party. The worse part of my mom and dad allowing him to go to parties was that he had to be back as early as possible. Max had no choice except he wanted to miss out on every parties till he was done with high school.

I soon started receiving pictures from my two friends, I felt sad that I missed the party. That moment I wished I had made it to the party. It made me really sad that my friends are having fun without me.

The pictures kept rolling in that I couldn't concentrate on the movie I was watching. Kim sent me a picture that was showing Kent and Tia in the background of the picture. I think she did it intentionally. That really crushed my mood and made me loose interest in the movie.

"Mom, dad, I think I should go to bed now" I said and fake a yawn, pretending to be feeling sleepy.

"Okay honey....." my mom said

"Goodnight mom, goodnight dad...." I said and stood up from the sofa.

"Goodnight sweetie" my dad replied

"Goodnight baby" my mom said

"...night Jane" I gave my little sister a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight Alex" Jane said

I went straight up to my room and sat on the bed. I looked at the pictures again and rolled my eyes at the one with Kent and Tai, then I tossed my phone on the bed.

I looked behind me and saw my diary lying on the bed, I picked it up and started to pour out my mind into my diary just like every other night. Almost everything in my diary was about Kent and my feelings for him.

Dear diary, I don't really like today so much. I don't feel good and neither am I happy. Today was a mess, I was a mess and school was a total mess. Max threatened to tell Tia i'm crushing on Kent. Kent and Tia looked like a perfect couple. Seeing Kent today was the only good thing about today but seeing Kent and Tia together shattered my heart. But it also made me realise not all dreams can come true and sometimes we can't always be with someone we love.

I dropped my pen, closed my diary and placed it under her pillow. I took a deep breath before I finally lay my back on the bed and stared at the fan hoping to be lost to the darkness.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

So what do you guys think about this chapter. Please i really need your contributions. Thanks

Don't forget to vote😘