Chapter 2-iGhostly crush

First period was over in no time and I decided to get some books from my locker. I lowered my head as I walked to my locker trying to avoid any eye contact with anyone.

My heart twitched at the thought of what my twin brother said to me earlier in the day. I couldn't believe he threatened to to tell Tia that I was crushing on her boyfriend.

He's my brother, my twin brother.

I wouldn't be able to live if Tia got to know that I liked her boyfriend; Because if Tia ever found out, everyone in the school was definitely going to know about it.

Tia was such a big mouth especially her clique of devil's advocates who were also cheerleaders. Nothing in the school ever passed them by and if anyone ever tried to cross their paths or step on their toes, they would make life a living hell for the person. I would never want to be in a situation like that with them.

"Hey, watch it" A guy who bumped into me said.

"I'm sorry" I replied without looking at him and gently walked away to my locker.

I opened my locker and I kept the books with me in my locker and brought out another book. I closed my locker and there was my two best friends Emma and Kim standing right in front of me with their sheepish smiles.

I had known Emma and Kim since the day I tripped and spilled soda all over the two girls. I ran away to the bathroom to cry before anyone of them could say anything. I really hated myself that day because I felt I just couldn't do anything right.

Emma and Kim came to the bathroom yelling, I guessed they were ready to punch out my front teeth until they saw me crying and just went mute. Since then, they had become my confidant and best friends. They always tried to boost my confidence everyday.

"Hey girlfriend" Kim said giving me a broad smile which complemented her bright golden eyes. She had a short yellow dress on which fitted her slim body perfectly.

"Hi" I said softly. I couldn't find myself talking out loud. It seemed like Max's threats suddenly took my voice away that morning.

"What's wrong?" Emma, my other friend asked. She must have really noticed that something was wrong. That was so Emma—she always figured things out. "You've been like this since morning" she added. Emma had a sort of intimidating height that made me stop looking up at her sometimes.

I smiled as I looked away. "I'm fine" I said trying to hide my feelings behind my glasses.

"Come on, tell us" Kim insisted with a pout. So childish.

"Max made fun of how I dress and threatened to tell Tia I'm crushing on her boyfriend" I looked down at my legs which were already locked together.

"What??" Kim and Emma almost screamed in surprise. They were probably wondering how my own twin brother could be so mean. It wasn't like they didn't knew what kind of person Max was but they felt things should be different with me. He should always be on my side.

But that wasn't Max. He loved to pick in everyone around him, including my friends.

"Your brother is such a devil" Kim said "But a cute one though" She added with a smile. I and Emma gazed at her and shook our heads.

He was really a devil just like Kim said. He once played a trick on Kim when she came over for a sleep over and same thing with Emma. Emma's own was always worse and he made sure to upset her at every chance that he got.

They knew by now he was never up to something good. He was always mischievous.

"Max is an idiot, so you shouldn't let whatever he says get to you, he will never do that to you. He's such a fool to think of that. Just forget about it" Emma said. She was acting like she didn't know Max. Max always did anything he said he was going to do. I guess she was just saying that to help me forget about it.