:23:

"I'd like to make an announcement..." Aug spoke, pulling a mic out of nowhere.

I looked around to see where the hell he got it from.

No one was listening to him, they continued to chop it up and ignore his plea for them to quiet down.

I gave Kae a look, signaling to help him out.

She put her chicken wing down, licked her fingers, walked up to him, and snatched the mic.

"AYE.. AUGUST GOT SOMETHIN TO SAY!  YA-"

"Fuck da police, Comin straight from the underground !!" Breezy yelled, cutting her off and cackling.

I rubbed my forehead, embarrassed by  my people.

She shot him a look that silenced his laughter.

"Y'all be quiet and listen! Thank you. Londyn! don't touch my wings-" Kae shoved the mic back into Aug's hands and ran towards her daughter.

I giggled at how greedy she was being.

"Thank you, Karreuche... So, I wanted to thank everyone for coming out and showing love, and spending y'all money on gifts... I think that's hella cool. Kami and I both appreciate it. Thank God we don't have a jealous son, cause lord knows he ain't get all of this attention, but he's loved just as much." Aug spoke, making the folks smile.

"Kamille and I been through a lot... And even that is an understatement.  They say that love always finds a way to work, and that's true. This woman has cursed me out and held me down, all in the same breath.  We've been through the worst of shit and we always end up right back in eachother's arms and you know what? I'm convinced that it's meant to be, this time. I wasn't so sure before because I was so stupid. But now I know this is what I want and need. With all of my closest friends and family here to bear witness... Kamille, baby..." Aug knelt down on one knee and reached into his pocket.

He pulled out a velvet box and exposed the prettiest ring I've ever saw.

It wasn't the one he had got me before, this one was different and better.

Everyone started to gasp and 'awwww.'

" August.." I began to feel my eyes water.

"I love you with all of my heart, and I'm ready to secure our future and be a real family before our daughter gets here. On my mama, I'll make sure it happens this time. Kamille Jacobs, will you marry me?" He looked into my eyes as he spoke.

I started to cry and nod my head, viciously.

"Yes... Yes.. " I sobbed.

I held my hand out and let him slide on that ring that fit perfectly on my fat finger.

Everybody started to clap.

I struggled to stand up, but I did and Aug took me into his arms and kissed me passionately.

"Yassssssssssss, sis! I'm so happy for y'all ! " Kae yelled with barbecue sauce on the corner of her mouth.

Breezy walked up to Aug and dapped  him up.

"Grown man moves, I'm proud of you, fam."