Chapter 19

As Selene had spoke those words, Bilbo rounded the corner, met by cheers.

He quickly shushes them. "There are guards near by."

But Selene was listening now. "They are far enough for the moment. Distracted by the celebrations."

Bilbo opens their door first, Selene limping out and listening.

"Are we clear?" Thorin asked behind her, watching the limp in her leg closely.

"For now, but we must hurry."

With all the dwarves free, Bilbo begins to lead them down, Selene at the back, both as a guard and because she had to move slow. Thorin didn't like it but she refused to stand there and argue over it.

As Bilbo lead them to the cellars however, she stopped, her hand resting on her waist, where he sword should have been.

She locked gazes with Thorin.

"It is just a sword Selene." He said slowly, seeing what she wanted to do.

"But-"

"It would be suicide lass." Balin said next to her.

"But-"

"There will be no discussion on this, not when you are struggling to walk." Thorin frowns at her. "We will make do."

With great reluctance, she nods and then swore to herself that she would get both her swords back one day.

The next struggle they had was for her to climb into a barrel. Selene had little problem working out was Bilbo wanted to do, smelling the water below, and she didn't like it at all.

"If there was another way I would have found it." Bilbo insisted. "It is the only way."

It was only because she could feel the worry from Thorin that she climbed into the barrel, taking a moment to get in a position she didn't have to put weight on her leg.

Then they dropped.

A startled yelp left her as cold water splashed into the barrel and she came up spluttering like the rest of them.

After the calls of making sure everyone was alright was made, Bilbo joining them after a moment, they let the current take them.

Selene liked this even less.

The churning turns and sudden drops made her head spin and her wolf growl as she couldn't find which direction she was in.

The sudden stop against the gate made her ears ring and she looked up to find a bow pointed at her.

The elves threat didn't last long though, orcs ambushing them, clearly going after the company.

Selene growled in her barrel, they were defenseless sitting here and the orcs out numbered the elves.

Kili beat her to climbing out of the barrel, heading for the lever to let them free.

Panic shot through her then, as the arrow stuck into Kili's leg, and while she felt it herself, it took her a moment to realise that it was mostly from Thorin.

She blinked, suddenly realising that she could feel a lot more than what she was used to.

A growl left her throat as her wolf suddenly leapt forward, wanting to protect them and get them free, her knuckles turning white as she clung to the side of the barrel.

She knew it would hurt her leg, knew that it would make her a little more vulnerable, but her wolf was winning.

Cursing, she shoves her coat off, knowing she had no options.