Chapter 10

The pile they landed in at the bottom was hurriedly and painfully split up as goblins converged on the Company, who only fought momentarily before realising they were vastly outnumbered.

They were shoved forward along the path and Selene was on full guard, fighting down her wolf who was violently struggling to get at the goblins, but she knew doing that would be very stupid, she had no doubt that the goblins would know who she was if she did that.

A violent screeching noise came down the tunnels towards her and Selene found herself covering her ears with a violet yell as it assaulted her ears. As they were pushed forward it became clear that the noise was what the goblins considered music, finishing just as the Company were brought before the Goblin King, their weapons thrown down in front of them.

He was clearly enjoying himself immensely as he talked to the dwarves, Selene had made herself as small as possible at the back and was trying to clear out her ears as they continued to ring while still fighting down her wolf.

The Goblin King was starting to threaten the dwarves with torture when there was a loud shriek next to her, causing her to jump, as the ones goblins shriek was followed by many others, hurrying away from her but drawing all attention to her.

"So, the mighty beast is alive after all these years."

Selene froze, looking up as she realised the Goblin King was addressing her.

"Bring her forward!"

Selene found weapons shoved into her back and she made her way forward, tension filling her body as the dwarves stared at her nervously and goblins kept well clear.

"I'm sure your master will be more than pleased to know you are alive," The Goblin King laughed. "Pleased in that he can finally cut off your head."

"I'd like to see him try," Selene growled. "Because he would have to beat me cutting off his first."

"Oh? Are you sure you'd be able to handle him in that form."

"Who said anything about killing that filth in this form?" She cracked her knuckles by her side, fighting her wolf who wanted nothing more than to rip through the bastard. "Either way, he's not going to survive me I assure you."

"Cocky aren't you?" The Kings gaze moved to the very nervous and somewhat confused looking dwarves. "Do your new friends know of your particular set of skills?"

Selene remains silent, knowing that this was about to go into very dangerous territory.

"No?" A malicious grin crosses his face. "Should we enlighten them? I'm sure they would be more than happy to know who you are exactly."

"Well, then you'd be enlightening me too because I honestly have no idea what you are talking about." She snarled. "You think your vague threats mean anything to me? You think that you-"

"I think that they don't know who you are, Blackfoot." He said it loudly over her.

Selene's body tensed as a low, angry growl rumbled through her chest and her eyes flashed amber. Whispers of that name went both around the dwarves and the goblins.

"What is this nonsense?" One of them shouted. "Blackfoot was a large black wolf, even then it died many years ago!"

The Goblin King laughed. "Well, it was indeed believed she was dead, she has done well in hiding herself, but she certainly was not always a large black wolf."

Selene was breathing deeply, she could feel all the dwarves looking at her, but she was glaring at the Goblin King, just daring him to make the wrong move, her hands shaking.