Sisterly Bond

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and gave her a whole-hearted smile.

"Kat!" I squealed. I hardly could contained my enthusiasm at seeing her.

"Hey sis, yah miss me?" she said coming up and hugging me, her heels clicking against the wooden floors. As soon as she let me go so I could breathe, I studied her casually as she did the same.

Being one year older than me, she and I had almost the same features as I did. She looked a bit taller than the last time I saw her, two years ago, my parents had both agreed to send her to boarding school for unknown reasons. I was 15 at the time and devastated when she left,  she was my soul being and my best friend. Then I met Jessica who brought me back to life (not literally). Though she did not replace Katrina, she was almost always there. And I loved her for that. Katrina's coal black hair fell in curly tendrils down her back, her tall, curvy figure was clad in a black skinny jeans and a black undershirt as well as a purple crop top, and her black high-heeled boots just completed her outfit. Why does everyone else have a fashion sense except me?

"What up with the sweats?" she asked eyeing my attire warily. I flushed as I thought about my attire compared to hers. I looked like a trucker next to a super model. She hugged me again and smiled down at me.

"Contrary to popular belief, Gucci and Vintage aren't the only brands in the world that can make you look good." I rolled my eyes at her comment and grinned at her. She looked at me in shock.

"Braces?" she asked raising an eye brow. I pointed to mom and dad who stood holding hands and smiling at us. "Oh." she said nodding her head and giving  me a knowing look.

Ahem. I heard a throat clear behind me. I turned to see Jessica standing there sheepishly. I smiled warmly at her and stepped aside so that Katrina was in full view.

"Jess, this is Kat, my sister, and, Kat, this is Jessica." I said smiling and shifting my gaze between them both. They both smiled warmly at each other.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Parks." Jessica said to my parents.

"Good evening, Jess." They said simultaneously and then began to giggle. Kat and I exchanged a look and rolled our eyes. Our parents had always been like that since we were small.

 "Um, I'm going to go home." Jess said already turning to leave.

"Wait, Jess," I said, running after her.

"Hmm," She said turning to smile at me, I could see that it was well painted on. I gave her a look that meant that we were gonna talk about it tomorrow.

"No hug?"  I said grinning at her. She rolled her eyes and threw her arms around me.

"Later, want me to pick you up tomorrow? For school of course." she said in my ear.

"I will give her a ride," Kat said from behind me.

"How did you hear that?" I asked surprised.

"I shifted, remember?" she said grinning, "My senses are ten times yours."

"Cool, so I'll see you at school then, Tori?"

"Definitely," I half replied.

Turning back to Kat, I said " Wanna see my room?"

"Do I eat burgers?"

" Do you?." I said winking at her. She smiled at me.

"Dinner will soon be ready!" mom said behind me as I headed out into the living room and headed for the stairs.

"We will be down for dinner mom." I replied with an exasperated sigh.

I literally bound up the stairs four at a time to how excited I was.  I could not believe Kat was home. Now it was time to catch up and renew that sisterly bond that I've missed so much.

Kat's heels clicked on the marble floor as she climbed the stairs behind me. Reaching the top of the stairs, I came to face the white painted wall I hated so much. Ignoring it, I turned left and made my way past all the other room doors to mine which was at the end of the hall. Placing one hand on the hardwood double doors, I took one last look over my shoulder to see Kat looking expectantly at me, I gave a hard shove and stepped aside to let Kat enjoy the view. The plush purple carpet that covered the floor gave the room a homey look. Purple drapes hung over the window blocking all sunlight from reaching my eyes in the morning, especially when the white spread that was now on the queen sized bed, was not over my head.

The white spread was exotically complemented by the cushions that lay so comfortably at the head of the bed. The walls were painted a sort of beige so as to facilitate the changing styles and ideas that I had for my room.

Sitting on the white chair that stood in front of my white apple desktop computer, Kat sat down.

"What do you think?" I asked eager for her response.

"I think it is lovely, really lovely." She replied still looking around the room in awe. I gloated at her response  and sat at on the footstool.

"Okay, tell me all about boarding school." I said grinning.

"Well..."