Chapter 22: Pictures

I could only wonder what she had prepared for the second half of her show, and what evidence she could possibly have. Marshall looked to me and smiled, easing the nervous trembling in my hands and causing me to smile back at him.

"You make that dress look wonderful" he whispered to me. I blushed deeply and grinned, looking down to hide my pink face as he pulled back a lock of hair over my ear. Our eyes connected and I could tell he wanted to kiss me, I felt it too, my lips itched to touch his again. But we couldn't, not with all these people here and especially not in front of Lucy. Instead we shared a few moments of eye contact, distracting us from the noisy set crew while I craved a simple brush over my skin from his warm fingers.

"10...9...8..." I snapped my eyes away unwillingly and felt my face get warmer, I could still feel Marshall's gaze burning in to the side of my head.

"3...2...1" he chuckled and looked away as well.

"Welcome back, this time I believe I will prove all these dating rumors to be true" she said to the camera and then turned to us.

"Now, can you tell me where you two were on Wednesday night?" She asked us. Wednesday? What did that matter.

"I was at home" Marshall told somewhat truthfully.

"Okay, and Fionna?"

"At home, reading" I lied.

"Oh really? Fionna, would you say you're a good liar?"

"I guess" I answered, getting more anxious by the second.

"Well, since you insist on lying to me" she giggled "I have no other option but to present these photos my assistants have collected" she said stifling her laughter. On the monitor next to her displayed several photos being shown one by one of me and Marshall outside his apartment, me falling in to him and him kissing me. There were hundreds of snaps of Marshall pinning me against the post and leading me in to his apartment by the hand.

"Well-"

"Wait! There's more!" She cut Marshall off. Pictures of the morning after started showing me and him leaving. My obvious sex hair was a dead give away and me leaning my head on his shoulder was what confirmed our relationship.

"My assistant was out walking and recognized you two and did some investigating as well as photo snapping" Lucy explained. I was speechless at the pictures being shown, my face turning even redder as Marshall chuckled. I couldn't believe someone had taken pictures of us, I guess I really don't know what publicity is.

"So, any thing you guys wanna say?" She smiled at us. My mouth still hung slightly open in shock, as I looked from the monitor to Marshall who had a smile in his face.

"To be honest, Lucy..." he took my hand in his in a more affectionate way than he did on James' show. I could almost hear Marty screaming at the tv right now as I closed my mouth.

"Yeah, we're together" he told her while looking to me. There was silence through out the whole studio, Lucy had become speechless as Marshall continued to look at me. His thumb rubbed against my hand and he averted his gaze to Lucy to see her reaction.

She laughed slightly "Wow, I wasn't expecting you to admit it so easily" she responded.

"Well how could I argue with that evidence?" Marshall questioned, his hand still not leaving mine.

"How long have you been together?" She asked.

"That performance was actually our first date, but we were intimate a day before" he informed her.